Returning Old Guards....the Dreamcasters and Cubers! <3 How? Why? ....

Where did you start PSO?

• Total voters
been playing since the DC days, i'm facking old lololol OG's represent!
few things that make PSO the best imo:
- amazing community
- language translation
- mind-numbing rushing sprees for rares

hated the "ninjas" that would start theiving during multiplayer and all of the hackers back then, but seeing that this server is uber-legit has made me love the game and the community even more. props to all of you for keeping the PSO community strong!

been playing since the DC days, i'm facking old lololol OG's represent!
few things that make PSO the best imo:
- amazing community
- language translation
- mind-numbing rushing sprees for rares

hated the "ninjas" that would start theiving during multiplayer and all of the hackers back then, but seeing that this server is uber-legit has made me love the game and the community even more. props to all of you for keeping the PSO community strong!
Very Happy you like it here! Welcome Home! <3

One challenge I used to love back in GC days which might spice up normal play is to gather with some friends and try to complete EP2 in Battle mode but cooperatively, It adds the friendly fire dimension which ofrces you to think about what you do and how you battle, for instance, shotguns must be at the front lines, forces can't AoE or debuff without screwing the team and you must always alert other players if you're laying down a trap, it makes the game SOOO much more difficult.
Damn thats a really cool idea. Brings a whole new dimension to the experience. Way creative!

the game is... so, so soothing, and i'm not sure why.
also, i almost downloaded a GC ISO but then I was like.. wait... OTHER PEOPLE love this game too, I wonder if private bb servers are still around... well what do ya know... :D
Skoogiiiiies! *Pounces!* =3 Sooooo glad u like it here! <3

Better late than never, but I'll post now. I started on PC for maybe a couple weeks, never got into it on the DC, but my friend (who has recently departed this world) was totally into it. It wasn't until I got it for GC and XB, that I started playing more often here and there.

Years later, PSOBB came, and I was totally on board. Because I didn't know about it earlier, I missed BBs first Maximum attack AOL cup, but was able to catch the 2nd one, Yahoo! cup. I rounded up a small ragtag team and we played faithfully up until PSU came out, then the population declined, and most people have moved on. :(

PSO 2 came out and I enjoyed it with friends. (hell, I even spent a few hundred USD on the game. You're welcome, Sega Japan) PSO2 eventually had its decline in playerbase, my team split up and only a couple people I know still play. Then I went back to playing on PSOBB servers again. So far, this is probably the closest server to official in activity from what I've seen, based on the QoL features and the active community here. So it looks like I'm here to stay! :D

Better late than never, but I'll post now. I started on PC for maybe a couple weeks, never got into it on the DC, but my friend (who has recently departed this world) was totally into it. It wasn't until I got it for GC and XB, that I started playing more often here and there.

Years later, PSOBB came, and I was totally on board. Because I didn't know about it earlier, I missed BBs first Maximum attack AOL cup, but was able to catch the 2nd one, Yahoo! cup. I rounded up a small ragtag team and we played faithfully up until PSU came out, then the population declined, and most people have moved on. :(

PSO 2 came out and I enjoyed it with friends. (hell, I even spent a few hundred USD on the game. You're welcome, Sega Japan) PSO2 eventually had its decline in playerbase, my team split up and only a couple people I know still play. Then I went back to playing on PSOBB servers again. So far, this is probably the closest server to official in activity from what I've seen, based on the QoL features and the active community here. So it looks like I'm here to stay! :D
Eeeeeeeeeeee! <3!

GameCube! Used to play locally with friends and then eventually bought the dial-up GameCube adapter. Blech haha. Played on that for several months until convincing my parents to get broadband then I moved on up to the broadband adapter.

Can you believe we used to pay $9.95/month to play PSO online?? Wtf were we thinking? Lol.

The ONLY thing that frustrated me with PSO on the GC was the memory card corruptions. I lost a level 93 RAmar and a level 75 something because of corruptions. After I lost the RAmar I started duping items and using that invisible slot trick to try to get competitive again quickly. I think the second corruption is what eventually caused me to lose interest in PSO. Shouldn't be any of that here, though. :)

Looking forward to playing with you all!

The ONLY thing that frustrated me with PSO on the GC was the memory card corruptions. I lost a level 93 RAmar and a level 75 something because of corruptions.
A similar thing happened to me, but luckily everytime my memory card "corrupted" was in cases I was saving, and thus it gave me the option of either saving but having to delete all other savefiles or not saving and keeping the other savefiles. Since I've always had to habit to sticking to a game until I 100%, I never cared too much about deleting savefiles from games that I had already cleared.

GameCube! Used to play locally with friends and then eventually bought the dial-up GameCube adapter. Blech haha. Played on that for several months until convincing my parents to get broadband then I moved on up to the broadband adapter.

Can you believe we used to pay $9.95/month to play PSO online?? Wtf were we thinking? Lol.

The ONLY thing that frustrated me with PSO on the GC was the memory card corruptions. I lost a level 93 RAmar and a level 75 something because of corruptions. After I lost the RAmar I started duping items and using that invisible slot trick to try to get competitive again quickly. I think the second corruption is what eventually caused me to lose interest in PSO. Shouldn't be any of that here, though. :)

Looking forward to playing with you all!
IceMan-saaan! Were you the one mew mew was halping out? Hmmmmm? <3 Welcome Home!! =3

Figured I might as well chime in even though I'm not new. Been playing since PSO ver 2 on the Dreamcast back when setting up the BBA was a pain to connect. Got to play for a while on the official Dreamcast servers, and have been playing on every platform since then.
You are most certainly welcomed to chime in dear! Always good to know old DC vets are STILL as Enamored with and enjoying a game long thought gone. Welcome Home and looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you! =3

I was introduced 1st to the Dreamcast version. My uncle was a video game collector so he had like every game for every console at the time, so I got to play PSO through his dial-up connection. Every time I went over to his house to play games the only game I wanted to play was PSO. Over the years I grew up and stopped visiting as much, so I forgot about PSO. A few years ago I decided to order the Gamecube version on Amazon, since I had a Gamecube and got the urge. Eventually I grew bored with it since I could only play offline...then I found Schthack blue burst server. Played that and yet again got bored. Then about a month ago I googled "pso" and found Ephinea!!! Really enjoying myself so far...and hope to meet more people in the future!

I was introduced 1st to the Dreamcast version. My uncle was a video game collector so he had like every game for every console at the time, so I got to play PSO through his dial-up connection. Every time I went over to his house to play games the only game I wanted to play was PSO. Over the years I grew up and stopped visiting as much, so I forgot about PSO. A few years ago I decided to order the Gamecube version on Amazon, since I had a Gamecube and got the urge. Eventually I grew bored with it since I could only play offline...then I found Schthack blue burst server. Played that and yet again got bored. Then about a month ago I googled "pso" and found Ephinea!!! Really enjoying myself so far...and hope to meet more people in the future!
Mew's STILL Geeking out that ppl still "get the urge"....and 'GOOGLE PSO!' <3!!!

I started on the Dreamcast, before episode 1&2 were even a thing. I played the GC version too. Never played PSO on the PC until after the official servers died. Played PSU and it's expansion AotI, and played PSZero. I played the PSP games very briefly and never beat them unlike the others, since I never owned any Sony handhelds. Years ago I tried Schthack, stuck with that for a while, took a hiatus to play PSO2, then Scht's server died while I was doing that. I took a 6 month hiatus from PSO2 and only came back again this year when Summoner came out and maxed that. Once I realized the endgame for me at that point was to farm garbage for Austere weps forever and ever, and save up meseta to try to put god-tier affixes on units I lost interest.

I didn't touch any PSO pservers for a while until last Thursday when I signed up for Ephinea, and here I am now. :3

Back