Returning Dreamcast/GC RAmar. Also: Hello, Wendy? Are you out there?

StarLord

Guildcard
It was the year 2000, and I used to buy a bag of donuts and Jones soda, plop myself down on my futon after band practice, and play Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast. I was 14 and I had never seen anything like this. I pored over the strategy guide in school, fantasized about it at work, and played it late into the night if I had no homework.

At age 19, I acquired a GameCube and proceeded to destroy my college career with a fresh Hunter's License and all-night gaming marathons with my new Gamecube friend Wendy, who I still think about today. Those times were often characterized by staying up late, smoking weed, ordering Philly cheesesteaks to my door - then smoking more weed - followed several hours later by ordering breakfast from Joe's next door: Two eggs, bacon, sauteed potatoes, and buttered toast. 7 a.m. bedtime. Wait--what classes?

I still can't believe I graduated.

Sometimes I would take a break and step out on my balcony to enjoy a 4 a.m. silence from my apartment in Downtown Richmond. Occasionally I'd hear two cats fight in the alley. Or maybe they were...well, it sounded like fighting. It sounded like the hellish screams of a woman, and would startle me, but I knew it was actually two cats doing cat stuff. Even though I had friends coming over, parties, and girlfriends, the quiet, peaceful, solitary lifestyle that eventually formed around PSO is among my fondest memories of living in that apartment. It was just me and a Force named Wendy, in the Ruins, in the Forest, in the Mines, and in love with each other. Our time together became special (Wendy, where are you now?) Besides being a masterpiece of art and atmosphere, this is a special game to me. PSO is still my favorite game, and I'm so happy to see you all here.

The only reason I ever stopped playing is because Sega emailed me to say it was time we all stopped. I assumed that was The End since the game belonged to them. I never looked into it. Imagine my surprise when I found Ephinea (which I only just discovered) regularly has more than 100 players online. Even this morning during quiet hours there were 75 people online.

I'm partying in the mountains with my friends for two more days, and then I'm heading back to New York City, where a gaming PC is waiting for me to install this server and game. I'll see you guys there.

Happy New Year :)

It was the year 2000, and I used to buy a bag of donuts and Jones soda, plop myself down on my futon after band practice, and play Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast. I was 14 and I had never seen anything like this. I pored over the strategy guide in school, fantasized about it at work, and played it late into the night if I had no homework.

At age 19, I acquired a GameCube and proceeded to destroy my college career with a fresh Hunter's License and all-night gaming marathons with my new Gamecube friend Wendy, who I still think about today. Those times were often characterized by staying up late, smoking weed, ordering Philly cheesesteaks to my door - then smoking more weed - followed several hours later by ordering breakfast from Joe's next door: Two eggs, bacon, sauteed potatoes, and buttered toast. 7 a.m. bedtime. Wait--what classes?

Sometimes I would take a break and step out on my balcony to enjoy a 4 a.m. silence from my apartment in Downtown Richmond. Occasionally I'd hear two cats fight in the alley. Or maybe they were...well, it sounded like fighting. It sounded like the hellish screams of a woman, and would startle me, but I knew it was actually two cats doing cat stuff. Even though I had friends coming over, parties, and girlfriends, the quiet, peaceful, solitary lifestyle that eventually formed around PSO is among my fondest memories of living in that apartment. It was just me and a Force named Wendy, in the Ruins, in the Forest, in the Mines, and in love with each other. Our time together became special (Wendy, where are you now?) Besides being a masterpiece of art and atmosphere, this is a special game to me. PSO is still my favorite game, and I'm so happy to see you all here.

The only reason I ever stopped playing is because Sega emailed me to say it was time we all stopped. I assumed that was The End since the game belonged to them. I never looked into it. Imagine my surprise when I found Ephinea (which I only just discovered) regularly has more than 100 players online. Even this morning during quiet hours there were 75 people online.

I'm partying in the mountains with my friends for two more days, and then I'm heading back to New York City, where a gaming PC is waiting for me to install this server and game. I'll see you guys there.

*POUNCES Quietly and looks at warmly* Your Wendy may still be out there dear...Hell, she Could be HERE for all we know huh? Mew has been bumping into quite a few Old Guard Dreamcasters and Cubers from 18 years ago! Keep the faith and keep the Passion alive...PSO has a strange way of secretly leaving a thread of fate or destiny on most of us Alllll those years ago, and only Now are the threads being tugged at to return. In the meantime, let us dust you off, make you comfortable, and of course...Welcome you Home! =3
Oh....those Cat Sounds....Plenty of those on Ephinea at night too! >=3!

What Starlord-san must be thinking..... ='3

That commercial is ridiculous -- 6 billion people, really? Yes, "the whole world" was six billion people, but instead of clarifying that's the potential pool of people you could be potentially connecting with on this new platform, they just repeat SIX BILLION PEOPLE like within the time span of 10 seconds you forgot the world's population was six billion. Very funny stuff.

But based on your setup I actually thought your video was gonna be "in the year two thousaaaaaaaan" feat. Conan and La Bamba.

Speaking of insane videos, that 1,000 words thing was literally insane. What were the odds, really, that was going to be the first thing I thought of when cat-girls started pouncing on me?

That commercial is ridiculous -- 6 billion people, really? Yes, "the whole world" was six billion people, but instead of clarifying that's the potential pool of people you could be potentially connecting with on this new platform, they just repeat SIX BILLION PEOPLE like within the time span of 10 seconds you forgot the world's population was six billion. Very funny stuff.

But based on your setup I actually thought your video was gonna be "in the year two thousaaaaaaaan" feat. Conan and La Bamba.

Speaking of insane videos, that 1,000 words thing was literally insane. What were the odds, really, that was going to be the first thing I thought of when cat-girls started pouncing on me?
*EBIL Giggle!* >=3 It's not just that...kinda figured this would be what you were feeling missing your Wendy ='),',

I never really watched Conan so this was my first introduction to the In The Year 2000 skit.

In the long commercial I dig the alpha Pioneer 2 @1:34 which looks like a stand in for the lobby with all the players hanging about. While it's plain looking compared to the final game it's neat to think that maybe they considered having the shops, bank, hunters guild, lobby and all the other stuff all rolled into one area.

Back