Rescue

raggamuffin

Guildcard
Found a stray cat last night outside a house. They had a little signpost saying the cat was a stray. So we took her home with us. Decided to keep her and we named her Kes (after the ST Voyager character).

Went out this morning and bought lots of food, a litter tray, a bed and a scratching post.

From stray cat to pampered life.

20727570_1472483839497302_1492443286_o.jpg

upload_2017-8-9_10-48-41.png

Ed

20747877_1472818079463878_204683515_o.jpg

Took her to the vet. No microchip and she has fleas. So she treated the fleas and gave her a worming pill. We'll get her vaccinated and chipped in a month or 2 once she's regained some weight.

She was a little nervous when we got her home, but she's calmed down a bit now. Still hiding under the table now and then though. I guess it's all been a bit of a rollercoaster for her the past 24 hours. Need to settle down into a routine.

Honestly she's so loving, affectionate and playful she seems to act more like a dog. She's got a really healthy appetite too and she's keeping it all down. Makes me feel really horrid inside to know she's probably been fending for herself for a long time now. I'm just glad me and my partner can make a difference to her life now.

On the way home I stopped by the people's house who had the sign up. They were very grateful for the news and to know she was going to a new home.

Ed

Last edited:
Currently redesigning our renovation plans to encorporate a safe and fun environment for Kes. We're going to have her as an indoor cat as we live next to a main road.

Going to build a porch so we have 2 front doors to ensure she can't dart out into the road.

2aa1bc4cf2f9f0c511148a9f5d6f7856.jpg

Next we'll have a catio built on the kitchen roof. The kitchen is an extension and the roof is flat. So we'll build a catio for her to enjoy the sun and get some fresh air, whilst remaining safe:

Utah-catio-cropped.jpg

There'll be a catflap in the spare bedroom to give access to aforementioned catio.

Next up we'll be putting up various shelves and hammocks and bridges etc for Kes to roam, enjoy and get high up to survey her little kingdom. I'm thinking these will be in the 2 bedrooms and the living room.

cat-playground-room-goldtatze-10.jpg

And last but not least we'll be getting her toys and eventually some brothers or sisters to keep her company.

Ed

I knew Kes would enjoy the soft lining of my jacket. She practically lives on it now. Goodbye favourite jacket :p

20864446_1478079432271076_1207594355_n.jpg

Back