Repeated synchronization error / Disconnect.

Spuz

Without rain, nothing grows.
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
I understand it normally happens very rarely. I mean when going through items in bank or picking up items to fast I get it (once in a blue moon).

However I have recently been getting this error repeatedly whilst changing weapons, and it's causing DC's, it's becoming more frequent and stopping me from changing weapons.

I can't really help you on this one. It usually comes down to a laggy connection to the server in which, somehow, you've become desynchronized with it.

We really can't have a true synchronization with the client due to how PSOBB was coded. The server just keeps up it's state with the client and occasionally issues items, experience and what not.

Even SEGA had their own problems with this game: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?118938-Disconnect-Error-and-Loss-of-Equipment (14 pages of error 100 and even loss of items. These are the people who posted on the forums, doesn't include those who actually followed the first post and sent an e-mail instead.)

You may be having MORE issues than you did in the past, but it's really all variable. Mostly, it comes down to how strong of a connection you have to the server and even what you're doing on the Internet at the time.

If you're saturating your connection, you're going to have a bad time.

If you have many hops to the server or lots of failed hops, you're going to have a bad time.

If your computer is lagging, you're going to have a bad time.

If you're playing on a wireless connection, even that comes into play. If you're far away from your router and have a poor connection to it, you're going to have a bad time.

raf,750x1000,075,t,101010:01c5ca27c6.jpg

Didn't speedtest.net have a thing for packet loss? Or heck you could even run a trace rt with CMD to ephinea and see how many packets are being lost yourself. Idk if that'll help but its a start. If you're dropping connection to ephinea that'll show it I think.

However I have recently been getting this error repeatedly whilst changing weapons, and it's causing DC's, it's becoming more frequent and stopping me from changing weapons.

If you're playing on a wireless connection, even that comes into play. If you're far away from your router and have a poor connection to it, you're going to have a bad time.

This is exactly what happened with my XP machine in my game room. Thought something changed with the server since I kept getting kicked by the server for too many desynchs, but it was my wireless adapter going to shit. Ended up hardwiring the house and no issues since then.

Yeah, I don't trust wireless connections while gaming for this reason.

I might be wrong with this, but I've noticed a lot of issues including desyncing when the leader of the room doesn't have a great connection or has idled for a long time.

Back