Rendering device lost

trashpanduh

Guildcard
I'm using a wide screen monitor however I'm playing windowed mode 1680x1050 just fine until I open Streamlabs OBS where I'll get a popup notification that my rendering device has stopped working and PSO:BB will close.

Upon closing out SLOBS and reopening PSO everything works like it should, not really sure of what to attempt for this situation.

It's probably because of the UAC dimming. There's an option in the control panel for UAC notifications which is the same as the default (UAC prompts for the same actions) but no dimming. Select that.

It's probably because of the UAC dimming. There's an option in the control panel for UAC notifications which is the same as the default (UAC prompts for the same actions) but no dimming. Select that.

That seemed to help out, I did have to start running SLOBS as admin to no longer get a black screen. I did get the alert one more time but I believe turning them off entirely may resolve things.

It's not the alerts that are the problem--it's Windows dimming your entire screen (and Sonic Team being too lazy to restore D3D8 context but that's out of our control). So you can use the setting that keeps the alerts but removes the dimming to get the same 'security' but not break psobb when you get a prompt.

But yes you have to run your video capture program as admin to be able to record. Same for other programs that you want to work with PSOBB, like xpadder/joy2key/antimicro.

Back