Removing Action Bar

OldSchoolRPGs

Guildcard
I'm playing via PS3 controller. Is there a way to remove the 1-9 action bar at the bottom of the screen since I won't be using a keyboard? I couldn't find it in the options anywhere.

Don't think there is an option to remove that. However, even with a controller they definitely still have a use. I use a PS3 controller and I still use the 1-9 for techs. Could easily be adapted for traps and eliminate the issue with PBs covering up the normal actions.

You'd have to install some kind of HUD skin to remove it. You might be able to at least make it invisible by replacing it with a transparent texture.

magevideogames said:
I still use the 1-9 for techs. Could easily be adapted for traps and eliminate the issue with PBs covering up the normal actions.

Good idea. I've been playing with my laptop so I'm close enough to where I could use them, it just seemed inconvenient. But you make a good point about the PBs covering up some skills. I was using my Mates on my second page and now that I think about it I should probably have them mapped on the bottom bar just in case.

Aleron Ives said:
You'd have to install some kind of HUD skin to remove it. You might be able to at least make it invisible by replacing it with a transparent texture.

That's what I was thinking. It's not too big of a deal, I was just hoping there was a hidden option that I wasn't seeing that I could select to remove it. All is good though.

I know this thread is over a month old, but this is relevant. I myself use a PS3 controller, but it is still useful having some extra buttons available.

If your laptop has a dedicated numpad, and you have keyboard controls disabled (as in you type as soon as you hit a letter/number), I was able to use the number hotkeys by turning off Num lock. I forget if you can actually still use them while typing, though (hit enter to send the message message before you hit 9 for those moons...?). I'll need to double check, as I've just started on this server, and it has been several months since I've played PSOBB.

Edit: Yeah, you need to not be typing to use the numpad hotkeys. I wonder if you could do this with a USB numpad, also....

Well.. so far I think the only person able to do this without any skin, is Tofuman with his launcher but IMO it's just a waste of time, not that the bar at the bottom of the screen makes things difficult to see or anything

Soly said:
Well.. so far I think the only person able to do this without any skin, is Tofuman with his launcher but IMO it's just a waste of time, not that the bar at the bottom of the screen makes things difficult to see or anything
They probably just want to remove it for screenshot or video purposes.

It wouldn't get in the view and the map and level/hp/tp/etc would still be there...
The reason (of this topic at least) is a controller being used and not using the keyboard
It's just my opinion anyway (on asking Tofuman to make this available)

I decided to try removing the action bar for you (turned out to be a bit more complicated than I thought, but I'm working it out). I have it down to transparent gray hexagons, so I think I'm on the right track as far as importing/exporting goes.

Done!
File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e50ndulsxvp4m ... i.prs?dl=0

a2ddd015ce.png

Thanks!

By the way, if you notice any part of the HUD/menu is broken somewhere, tell me. I can probably figure out where I broke it and, if possible, fix it (one of the possible reasons explained below...).

The two texture files I edited and their end states:
Unedited:
d1c90d66b2.png
||
4c2c9b90f2.png

Edited (Notice the huge chunk I deleted from the one, as there were a few gray hexagons, and I don't think I'd ever seen that circle thing)
62a6838d44.png
||
f1daf71706.png

Back