Reminder banner before the server backs up.

Ade

;3
Hi folks,

About twice a day the server does what I THINK is a backup (2:00 AM and 2:00 PM Central Time USA). There's usually a pretty severe lag spike that lasts for a couple of minutes.

Please make a banner that automatically scrolls approximately 3-5 minutes before the backup:

"THE SERVER IS GOING TO BACK UP ITS FILES IN APPROXIMATELY 3 TO 5 MINUTES. PLEASE BE ADVISED THIS WILL CAUSE A STRONG LAG SPIKE. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DROPPING ANY IMPORTANT ITEMS ON THE GROUND OR TRADING UNTIL THIS IS COMPLETE. THANKS!"

No, I didn't lose anything, but I could see it happening.

:D

I think this is a good idea if the lag from the backup is unavoidable with the current server hardware. I don't really know what the issue is, something something database size. What do you think of an automated banner? @Sodaboy

I think this is a good idea if the lag from the backup is unavoidable with the current server hardware. I don't really know what the issue is, something something database size. What do you think of an automated banner? @Sodaboy
that or any of us Staffers can set our own alarms to put up a banner 5 minutes prior to 3am EST? Mew just lost someone to the lag spike in TTF =(

Reactions: Ade
Back