Regarding the Red Ring and Parasite Gene Flow items

Should the Red Ring and Parasite Gene Flow drop from the final bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
absolutely especially if your gonna stick to vanilla and keep dark flow and dark meteor combo locked.

and dark bridges vanilla PSO boosts aren't really that good.

Dark Flow and DM were crap back in the day (hacked of course) because of the combo lock.

If you guys want PGF to drop go for it, ill be waiting for the rr

Ulevo said:
Yes, they should be droppable. Having them combo unlocked would be a nice change as well.

No way. That's not vanilla pso at all. Might as well combo unlock Master Raven and do all the schtserv changes while you're at it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

conenubi701 said:
Ulevo said:
Yes, they should be droppable. Having them combo unlocked would be a nice change as well.

No way. That's not vanilla pso at all. Might as well combo unlock Master Raven and do all the schtserv changes while you're at it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe the benefits of the change outweigh the benefits of having a 100% "vanilla" PSO. As far as your Schtserv comment goes, there are many other servers that combo unlocked this item, as well as Dark Bridge and Meteor.

It's hard to know where to draw the line, though. There are many aspects of the game that you can improve by straying from the way Sega did things, but there are already multiple servers for people who want to play that way. It sort of defeats the purpose of Ephinea if such major changes get made here.

Yeah, I didn't check the rates for these uber drops, but even if they were hard drops or not, I doubt that we can add some chocolately combo unlocked Dark Weapons. I mean, it's not a hard decision to make based on what one understands vanilla PSOBB to be.

I voted no because it's not worth the hard hunt for any of these, including the Red Ring's high level requirement and the combo locked aspect of the Dark weapons. If you needed to be level 108 to use Red Ring and the Dark weapons were combo unlocked, then I would vote yes. If you voted yes and didn't realize that this was part of the deal, you might as well vote no or just deal with it. Not sure how else to put it, unless I assumed something incorrectly here.

It could be hard to draw the line, sure. But just because the grey areas remain grey does not mean we cannot have changes that are black and white in nature.

There are plenty of servers that have made some pretty poor decisions. Making a new battle unit and giving it a 110% Speed Boost is one of those poor decisions. Making a sword with 850-1210 ATP was another poor decision. That does not mean that every change was a bad one, and it shouldn't mean that changes couldn't be made with proper judgement.

I would say that having a transparent staff and a stable server with lots of potential is more than enough reason to come here over the other servers. You and I know it wasn't a combo unlock on Dark Flow that made people leave Schtserv.

I really couldn't imagine endgame items like these with difficult drop rates negatively impacting the server. The problem lies in other areas that are not affecting this server at this point. Shitty administration, donation items, corrupt members and moderators, hacking, and more, but not simply enabling certain items that, for many, are thought of as "holy grail" type items that feel like they fit into the game perfectly.

Back