Red Weapons Shifta Multiplier?

thegmk

Thegmk#5690
Guildcard
I remember (from days of old) that the RED series weapons would get a better Shifta bonus than other weapons. I know there are generally better ATP-based weapons and the only real inclusions in practice would be Red Sword and Red Saber (but just for Vol Opt).
I guess I just wanted to know if anyone had any notes or data on just how much of a bonus it actually is by comparison. Like, a 4-way PB would probably make a sweeping Red Sword fairly formidable in just ATP alone, not including it's special (if you have hit).

I know that a 4 way pb makes DF > Excal in terms of displayed atp. its not by much though.

Or are you asking if certain weapons get more atp boost from S?

The larger weapon ATP variance there is, the more ATP you boosted. Red Sword has a large ATP variance (400~611), in the damage formula the variance will add to your ATP by (611-400)*0.477 if Shifta is lv.30. Among all the useful weapons, Red Sword has the most variance. But for other Red weapons, there is no such specialness.

Last edited:
The larger weapon ATP variance there is, the more ATP you boosted. Red Sword has a large ATP variance (400~611), in the damage formula the variance will add to your ATP by (611-400)*0.477 if Shifta is lv.30. Among all the useful weapons, Red Sword has the most variance. But for other Red weapons, there is no such specialness.

I finally get it! I had only ever heard through friends (~10 years ago) about red weapons getting better shifta bonus, but I assume they were only using Red Sword.

So are there any values out there that showcase the Shifta bonus from chaining PB?
2x chain
3x chain
4x chain respectively?

Last edited:
I finally get it! I had only ever heard through friends (~10 years ago) about red weapons getting better shifta bonus, but I assume they were only using Red Sword.

So are there any values out there that showcase the Shifta bonus from chaining PB?
2x chain
3x chain
4x chain respectively?
Shifta power = [1.3 * (TLv - 1)] + 10
2x chain power = [1.3 * (41 - 1)] + 10 = 62, boosts Red Sword 130.82
3x = 88, boosts 185.68
4x = 115, boosts 240.54
But it's quite pointless in practice because with a high level Shifta, do more hits and raise the multiplying of an attack is much more efficient. So weapons like Shots, Slicers, Mechguns with sacrificing attack are much better.

Last edited:
Back