Red box disappeared?

CB1981

So I'm going on the assumption this isn't a bug and more a limitation of design/age of the game.

Did a run of Tyrell's Ego forest hunting for a Smartlink, early in I popped the boxes that are on the platform with the dome with a spell while in the lower rooms, heard a chime, saw a red box marked on the map up there. By the time I got up to the dome, the box was gone.

Am I correct in assuming this is an "as designed" thing and there's some upper limit to the amount of boxes that the game will let be left on the ground and it got cycled out of play because there's so much junk in TE that number of items got rolled over?

It's a box drop from the forest so I honestly don't care at all about losing it in the slightest (oh no, not my 473rd Ice Staff Dagon! :eek::D), I'm just curious if that's why it vanished.

PSO's always had a limit of 50 for boxes on the floor.

PSO's always had a limit of 50 for boxes on the floor.

Ah, cool, i figured it had to be something like that. Don't think I remember ever noticing it happen before, but I also don't really pay all that close attention to the junk I don't pick up. TBH I probably wouldn't have noticed this if the dot on the map didn't tell me it was there in the first place.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Back