Re-roll item.

Ade

;3
Similar to Diablo 3, allow the player to "re-roll" an item's stats via an in-game vendor for the following PD prices:

9 Star or Below: 3 PDs
10 Star: 6 PDs
11 Star: 15 PDs
12 Star: 24 PDs (This way you can do an even 4 attempts per stack)

Enemy Part Weapons cannot be re-rolled (or any weapons that are not intended to have %s and can't drop normally).

Same 5% chance to get hit % as finding it in-game.

This would solve the problem of players accumulating piles of PDs and never spending them because they can't find anything worth Sphereing in a reasonable amount of time. It would either eliminate the PDs or give them the item they want, so the problem is solved either way.

Before anyone says "this is too easy," think about this: Would you rather spend 3 PDs to re-roll a Diska of Braveman or just spend 15 minutes hunting another one on Redria? It's a legitimate choice.

The only "good deals" on this one are the 11-Star and 12-Star weapons, but on average, you're going to spend a total of 300 PDs to get hit % on an 11-star (1/20 chance multiplied by 15 PDs) or 480 PDs for a 12-star. Not exactly chump change.

Diablo 3 has a similar system and it's very costly (in terms of in-game materials) to re-roll items over and over, so this is something the player has to consider VERY carefully. I thought a long time before suggesting it here, but I think it would work.

The idea is interesting but i fear that the result will be the same as in the post lvl 200 progress discussion/thread, so i dont like to think about the details yet. Thanks for sharing this Ade!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ade
Nice idea but balance wise would it make more sense to only be able to reroll untekked weapons? Also keep in mind that you're paying pds for another drop from a "purists" point of view. Maybe the hit% chance should also change depending on the star rarity. Also maybe rerolling could fail? Idk just throwing ideas out there.

Put a cap of 75% on it and I think it is a swell idea (partly to satisfy the purists, partly to not kill the idea of finding something nuts.)

Maybe bump up the price of 9 and 10 star a bit. 6 and 9?

Highly doubt devs would even take the time to implement this.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

-Theodore Roosevelt

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

-Theodore Roosevelt

Dude, didn't you just copy paste a Diablo 3 feature. It's not like you put hours of work into it or will put hours of work into, if the admins decide to implement this feature.

Don't like the "idea", because I think the only item in the game players would be willing to spend PDs for a reroll is SJS. Other than that it's just way too random.

-Theodore Roosevelt
Not sure why you picked this quote. The dev would be in the arena.

-Theodore Roosevelt
o-no

-Theodore Roosevelt

Not on topic, but I'm pretty sure if i posted this in one of my code reviews, I'd get instantly canned lmao.

Not on topic, but I'm pretty sure if i posted this in one of my code reviews, I'd get instantly canned lmao.

Well yeah, I wouldn't post this on a critique at work, either. I'm just saying, I frequently get a lot of criticism for posting ideas, but at least I'm trying.

Well yeah, I wouldn't post this on a critique at work, either. I'm just saying, I frequently get a lot of criticism for posting ideas, but at least I'm trying.
I can respect that- I did laugh at your posting of the quote but I can't hate on someone for posting suggestions ultimately seeking to improve the server. For this particular suggestion I don't see it happening but we'll see.

Reactions: Ade
Since the idea of re-rolling items seems to not get very much "love", my idea of an alternative suggestion is: a item that wipes out a single area of a weapon, which should be very hard to obtain (maybe next season replacing the account ps whatsoever!).
I also really wish we could gradually develop some kind of discussion culture, since the discussions are very unpleasant to read and i could understand if people are frightened to post because of the connotation in some posts,etc. Please, that would be a very nice surprise if it would actually happen, but probably i get "canned" now or people might start laughin? Who knows, but thats how i feel about it...

Last edited:
Back