Rares in All Caps like the old days?

I guess since its right here on the create thread page, i'll fill out the poll

• PHOTON LAUNCHER

• Photon Launcher

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jackelope

Hi,

Still in my first month playing for first time since the gamecube days, hit level 41 and decided to touch the ruins... the music, the visuals, first time in however many years its been... it was quite overwhelming...

Anyway, has anyone ever asked/wanted the rares to be in all caps like the old days? I vaguely remember the yellow font rares being all caps or at least some of them, gave them a little extra special feel you know? Maybe not, I'm just happy to be on this fairly vanilla 'true to form where it needs to be' server. Just felt the need to say Hi after seeing the ruins after so many years... should have put this in introductions I guess but initially I thought maybe I'd ask a little harder for the all caps, but I don't really mind it how it is... prolly a blue burst thing or something, whatevs its just a thought. Gonna get back to playing thanks!!

-- EDIT --
BTW, not suggesting it actually be changed, just wondering what people like more. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Once upon a time, it was vanilla. Then another was made 'cause some people don't like the blaring caps, but you could choose. Now we're stuck with the modified one because changes have been made to the unitxt and it is a PITA to keep two lists maintained.

I kind of missed it at first, but Dotum still does a terrible job of emulating GC/DC font so I stopped caring.

The redbox is def enough

I also enjoy being screamed at by the rares I pick up. It is that big a deal. That's more of an opinion
I don't think this is even worth the effort it would take to implement it.
That being said I have no idea.

all caps rares would be dope because 88% of the reason i play pso is nostalgia

I liked all caps too, but QoL red boxes and HUD announcement is far better and I dont care about caps anymore

Back