Rare Monster Spawn Rates bugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RpiesSPIES

Guildcard
It seems as if rare monsters have not been spawning/been spawning a lot more scarce than they should.
Over the past two weeks, I've noticed that in all of my MA2v2 runs and TE runs, I have not seen a single rare, be it hidelt or lily. Nor, I realized, had I seen any Merissa AA's or Pazuzu since the rare monster week popped, either.
I asked around, first in the lobby I was in at the time, and then at the discord. The vast majorty of people that I had spoken with had had a shared experience. With Rare monsters just completely disappearing from the sever's spawn rate.
So far, in the past two weeks from Discord convo's, only 3 rare enemies have reportedly spawned in the past two weeks. One being a lily.

I believe there may be something out of whack with the monster spawn rates, potentially caused by the deactivation of the previous monster spawn week. Because yeah, 1/512 is a low chance of a rare monster spawning, but if several people have been spamming TE, MAS or PoD and not seen a single (or extremely small margin) rare bear, rappy, merissa AA, Pazuzu or Kondrieu has popped up... Something's gotta be up.
I've also been keeping an eye on the rare monsters killed in the past few hours. I haven't seen any numbers get a single kill added on in that time.
Time of post: 1:27PM EST 7/24/2019
Hildeblue/Hildetorr15,072
Nar Lily/Mil Lily33,653
Pouilly Slime9,923
Love Rappy1,523
Merissa AA26,706
Pazuzu16,477
Dorphon Eclair4,859
Del Rappy38,829
Kondrieu3,252

Same here, been having no rare monsters for days and i kept spamming Tyrell's Ego and Fake in Yellow lately, but no luck. Nice to see it's not just me. Don't know if we are just unlucky or something...

I've identified the problem and will be restarting ships to fix it permanently.

I've already restarted Fodra (no one was on it) but can't restart the other 2 while people are on them, plus I cannot log into the game to announce a restart.

Will do it when I get home, which isn't for another 5.5 hours or so.

Thanks for reporting.

Hey sorry to bother but I had been running cookies last few days/week, used a bunch yesterday around 20-25 but have run prob around 30-40 total in the past week and not one rare enemy at 200% RER. I didn't really suspect anything since I've seen these kind's of droughts before in cookies but after seeing this thread and there's actually a rare enemy bug it feels like a huge waste when was only hunting rare enemy drops. I'm not sure if there is anyway to reimburse cookies or even partial reimbursement but would appreciate if possible. If need details of when they were run lmk. I understand if nothing can be done that's life. Ty.

We won't be reimbursing cookies for multiple reasons:

1. Rare enemies were still spawning, but the rate was terrible. However, everyone was in the same boat and your cookie still did 200% of the terrible rare monster rate. (I'm not sure the exact rate right now, I'd have to calculate it later.)

2. Your cookies were still useful as you still benefited from 200% rare item drop as well as 200% exp boost.

3. We cannot verify the number of cookies you may have used as we don't actually log their consumption.

4. It's a free server. One of the things mentioned in the disclaimer, which is one of the reasons it is free, is that we are not accountable for strange behavior, data loss, etc.

We do backups, can roll back, and so on if need be. But that'd be if there was a catastrophic event and everyone in the server needed something done.

There will be other times where you can restock cookies or similar items. In fact, we have our Anniversary Event around the corner, which should surely net you some great things.

Still, though, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope you understand.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back