Rare Findings and/or Accomplishment Thread

No one really uses TJS outside of it's special.

tjs is the strongest non-sac hunter beatstick in the game and no one uses it for that apparently. do people not use red sword except for unreduced seize either?

ps; tjs special has hard attack accuracy and even if its only used for its special will miss often, hit% or not

tjs is the strongest non-sac hunter beatstick in the game and no one uses it for that apparently. do people not use red sword except for unreduced seize either?

ps; tjs special has hard attack accuracy and even if its only used for its special will miss often, hit% or not
Just putting in my two cents. I personally value hit on a SJS over hit on TJS. I use Excalibur as a high damage beat stick. I know it only hits 3 targets, but hits harder and quicker and rips through enemies faster. Alma Elma can do anything they want with it. Just figured I'd remind them it can be used on lizards...Edit: Wait. Does TJS special always hit? LOL Now I'm second guessing myself

EDIT: Oohhh Dyslexia looks like I have:D I read it like SJS benefits fine but TJS is better...Anyway. Long story short: TRADE ME YOUR SJS HIT. That's where I was really going with all of this.

Last edited:
IDK about keeping SJS sealed at 15h tbh. It's questionable.

Let's say you use a HUcaseal (since she has the most ATA of the Hunters) with 15h SJS (268 ATA).
Let's compare this to a RAcast with ES Hell Scythe (264 ATA).

Personally, RAcast with Hell Scythe isn't that great. It works decent on Crater Lizards but Yowies not so much, let alone in Sub Des. It's not hugely viable to use unless you're a RAmar(l). It's more efficient to just DPS with Excal/other. And since a HUcaseal is the same accuracy at 15h (+4 only) I wouldn't expect it to be very useful either. There isn't a huge amount of uses for it outside of this either, one or two spawns here and there. Let's also take into consideration (from @Alma Elma 's sig) they main HUcast which is a full 27 ATA less than HUcaseal. It would be like a RAcast with a -23h Hell Scythe, pretty ugly accuracy IMO.

Also with TJS, while having no hit can be nice for sphering purposes, it doesn't mean having hit is useless. It's definitely beneficial with its accuracy checks for use as a beat stick (If your not a sacrificial Zanba/Yunchang whore).

IMO
-If you plan on making a HUcaseal then sure; consider leaving it sealed at 15h (but personally I'd make TJS).
-If you plan on using it with your HUacast/Other HU's then make it a TJS.

I think you would really need 25h+ on a HUcaseal to feel the benefit of a Sealed J-Sword (as a bare minimum); and around 50h+ On a HUcast (as a bare minimum). With other HU's in-between, nearer to HUcast than Caseal.

p.s. One day I will achieve 100h SJS :wacko:

Last edited:
IDK about keeping SJS sealed at 15h tbh. It's questionable.

Let's say you use a HUcaseal (since she has the most ATA of the Hunters) with 15h SJS (268 ATA).
Let's compare this to a RAcast with ES Hell Scythe (264 ATA).

Personally, RAcast with Hell Scythe isn't that great. It works decent on Crater Lizards but Yowies not so much, let alone in Sub Des. It's not hugely viable to use unless you're a RAmar(l). It's more efficient to just DPS with Excal/other. And since a HUcaseal is the same accuracy at 15h (+4 only) I wouldn't expect it to be very useful either. There isn't a huge amount of uses for it outside of this either, one or two spawns here and there. Let's also take into consideration (from @Alma Elma 's sig) they main HUcast which is a full 27 ATA less than HUcaseal. It would be like a RAcast with a -23h Hell Scythe, pretty ugly accuracy IMO.

Also with TJS, while having no hit can be nice for sphering purposes, it doesn't mean having hit is useless. It's definitely beneficial with its accuracy checks for use as a beat stick (If your not a sacrificial Zanba/Yunchang whore) and even with it's special.

IMO
-If you plan on making a HUcaseal then sure; consider leaving it sealed at 15h (but personally I'd make TJS).
-If you plan on using it with your HUacast/Other HU's then make it a TJS.

I think you would really need 25h+ on a HUcaseal to feel the benefit of a Sealed J-Sword (as a bare minimum); and around 50h+ On a HUcast (as a bare minimum). With other HU's in-between, nearer to HUcast than Caseal.

p.s. One day I will achieve 100h SJS :wacko:

5h sjs has same ata as hell scythe. this is kinda eye opening. 300pd hell scythe for 10 more ata? its definitely up to elma at this point. if it were higher it would obviously lean more toward sjs but as is its just not a biggie

5h sjs has same ata as hell scythe. this is kinda eye opening. 300pd hell scythe for 10 more ata? its definitely up to elma at this point. if it were higher it would obviously lean more toward sjs but as is its just not a biggie
Honestly, SJS really shouldn't be as rare as it is in this game. It made sense in Ver.2 on the Dreamcast...not so much in future expansions of the game.

none of the ubers are good enough to be as rare as they are. pwand is the only one that's typically viable to use at all

Honestly, SJS really shouldn't be as rare as it is in this game. It made sense in Ver.2 on the Dreamcast...not so much in future expansions of the game.

Well, that could be said for every Uber item except Pwand which is actually useful. Every Uber in PSO is kinda niche and outclassed. While Charge weapons are available in the shop, GJ sega.

@honeydrew you ninja.

Well, that could be said for every Uber item except Pwand which is actually useful. Every Uber in PSO is kinda niche and outclassed. While Charge weapons are available in the shop, GJ sega.
I guess these rares are for bragging rights and proof of status in the game lol

I'm unsealing this thing. I'm not a fan of the sacrificial weapons and Hell as I feel they're extremely cheap and trivialize the game to the point where it's boring to play (especially hell in episode 2; flat out not fun to play with Hell-ers since I sit around being useless) while at the same time undermining every other rare weapon's usefulness and potential value.

Ignoring the sacrificials, TJS, Guld Milla, and the others are monsters; a buffed HUcast could easily hit 900+ (maybe 1,000+; not too sure) with just heavy attacks and Guld Milla negates the need for resta/mates since its gush can half-heal a maxed RAmar with one combo, while still doing damage (GM hits like a truck, too). Looking at it this way, I feel they're worth their insane rarity (That and also they're cool as hell).

I love my blue guns and I don't care that Cvulcs vastly out-dps them (And everything else for that matter). Nothing can beat the satisfaction and elation I felt after getting Guld Milla and SJS.

I'm unsealing this thing. I'm not a fan of the sacrificial weapons and Hell as I feel they're extremely cheap and trivialize the game to the point where it's boring to play (especially hell in episode 2; flat out not fun to play with Hell-ers since I sit around being useless) while at the same time undermining every other rare weapon's usefulness and potential value.

Ignoring the sacrificials, TJS, Guld Milla, and the others are monsters; a buffed HUcast could easily hit 900+ (maybe 1,000+; not too sure) with just heavy attacks and Guld Milla negates the need for resta/mates since its gush can half-heal a maxed RAmar with one combo, while still doing damage (GM hits like a truck, too). Looking at it this way, I feel they're worth their insane rarity (That and also they're cool as hell).

I love my blue guns and I don't care that Cvulcs vastly out-dps them (And everything else for that matter). Nothing can beat the satisfaction and elation I felt after getting Guld Milla and SJS.
Ok. However you want to run the game is fine ;)

yeah i agree guld milla hits like a truck - a ford ranger
charge vulcs hits like a mack truck.
completely agree with u

idc what happens to this sjs bc it's the one weapon you would hate to have drop with hit :( so unfortunate, but it's good that you are happy with your find and after all it is rare. cg

I use BKB on sub-bosses after stopping them with arrest/rabarta. You don't even need to switch weapons after using the devil special. Just finish it off with normal attacks when it's hp is low enough. That's just me though. My style is unconventional and I get made fun of for it on occasion(lol). Give it a try and see how it works for you.

full

new highest hit on any spec wep for me lol. finally hit the 0.01% margin

Back