Ranged Attacks Crashing

Tsukigato

Hi there,

I'm at my wit's end trying to figure this out so I figured I would post. It appears to be the same issue as the FAQ's DEP, however I was playing just fine on this computer up until I upgraded my graphics driver (Nvidia) this afternoon. I initially thought it was related to the item reader as I decided to install that, however I have clean installed to a different drive and location a couple times to no avail. As far as DEP goes, here's what I've tried as well:

-Set as Windows and essentials only
-Set to everything and created psobb.exe exclusion
-I am on a Xeon which has the option for hardware based DEP so I went into BIOS and disabled it
-I downgraded from newest Nvidia drivers to a clean install of ones from the beginning of the month (two revisions behind)
-I ran https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/script-ephineapso-whitelister-v1-4-defender-dep.17664/ Powershell script to make sure I'm not too dumb to do it myself.
-Tried compatibility mode with Windows XP and stuff on the psobb.exe for fun.
-checked the logs folder, both error and dllerror logs are blank. The only log that has anything in it is the spec.log which says:
Driver :nvldumd.dll
Description:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
VendorID :000010DE
DeviceID :00001B06
SubSysID :120F10DE
Revision :000000A1

DEVICE :HAL-HARD

Unfortunately I don't have a system restore currently. Is there anything else that can be suggested? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Added in the logs section

Last edited:
"I have Windows automatic updates turned off. Was on a decently old version of win10. Just finished update to version 1909 (and it said a supplemental .NET update) and I seem to be good after that. I think something in DEP did get hung up for me but no script or command line stuff was fixing it."

Figured I'd update with what seems to be the fix for me so far. Shoutouts to Nadia helping as they update their Whitelister script!

Back