Randomly getting "No. 100 No Connection Available"

beev

I've been experiencing random disconnects for the past month or so. The DC's seem more frequent when using things such as boss portals, but can still happen while sitting at store or in the middle of an area/quest.
Running things in the background to keep the connection going does not seem to make a difference.
If I have two accounts logged in they do not get DC'd at the same time. They DC at different times randomly.

Not sure if there's anything I can try or anything anybody could check?

Wired most the time I play. Seems to happen the same amount on either.
I have started to notice that streaming services like hulu/Netflix are getting random disconnects as well. So I'm going to assume it's something on my end.
Still open to suggestions though :)

Hiya Beev. Might be worth downloading https://netuptimemonitor.com/ Bear in mind it won't highlight a local error I.e flaky network card / driver issue. Just that you have indeed lost connection to the outside world. If you get error 100 and it corresponds to dropped ping to say google.com you know it's something else and not PSO. The free trial runs for 30 mins so you'd have to restart it. Depends on how crazy it's driving you. Feel free to hit me up on discord if you need more help.

Last edited:
I contacted Beev on Discord to see if he ever found a solution to what was causing this. I have been having the same problems and it only seems to affect multiplayer games. Every once in awhile, maybe 5% of the time, I will get a disconnect error. Lots of times it is near a boss warp, but not always. Like Beev I am wired and usually have things like Discord and others things running in the background. I don't multi-client though. I don't lose internet, the game just assumes I do for some reason. It's been going on for awhile now and just puzzles me.

Last I checked I 100% dc when piping to the dragon in TE when I'm not hosting (if I don't go in the portal I won't dc ).
Iirc i also had a really good chance of dc'ing when piping to ep4 boss or falz but only during certain quests. I don't remember which quests though :(

This issue is really weird, and I've talked with Qwid about it to try and troubleshoot. At this point, I'm curious to know if a clean install of Windows would help, though I know that's not exactly the most practical solution.

Beev, have you already tried a clean install by any chance? If not, what version of Windows do you have? Win 10? What build? 20H1, 21H1?

I wouldn't go reinstalling Windows to troubleshoot this. I'm pretty sure this is the same as an issue I was discussing with Ender before.

I remember @Ender trying to reproduce it and, for some reason, the client will disconnect under certain conditions in certain quests after a boss cutscene when not the host. I don't think any other conditions were figured out other than it only happens to a person who isn't hosting.

I can confirm that the server is NOT disconnecting the client, though. The client is doing this all on it's own and it seems somewhat random, usually.

I'm wondering if it has to do with client/server sync or synchronization between party members and the current player "host".

If you have seen it happen more with certain quests over others, I'm wondering if it has to do with actual data or scripting inside of a quest file that needs to be corrected.

You are right about the randomness on this disconnect Sodaboy. Unlike Beev though, my disconnects always seems to happen while waiting for everyone to get into the boss warp. Sometimes I'm already in the boss warp, other times I'm outside it waiting for others. Once the warp actually activated, I don't believe I have ever had a DC. I'm at the point now where I think I'll just wait in the opposite zone until everyone is in the boss warp and then run into it as quickly as possible :p

I've had this happen in POD quite a few times with the DC and the other night it happened in a Cmode for EP2-C1. I guess the game just likes to do wonky things at times. Last night we were playing Cmode and the game just completely shutdown after a couple mins in the quest (no error, just like you had never opened the game at all). That's a very rare occurrence though.

Today I was able to teleport into the dragon fight while not hosting TE. Played two games up to the dragon, both times I was able to pipe in with the party :cool:

Back