quick question regarding running this game

chad

Quick question. I have a laptop that I could play this on easily, however I run an online buisiness with this pc and cannot afford to add any stress or move this pc to another room. If I would like to play this on my TV with a controller, what would be the cheapest route of running it. Since I would be purchasing hardware to run only this particular game and possibly run a couple emails as like the DC or gc emulator to also play pso offline. I am not sure if there are mini PC that are affordable and able to run this or not. The emulation part is secondary so as long as the suggestion is able to run psobb at a reasonable frame rate with decent graphics and support a controller all is well. Thank you for your suggestions. Looking to get back into PSO , been longing for this game and this game only ever since the closure of the DC servers.

I apologize, posted this in wrong category, could a mod please move this to the proper forum?

Do you want the cheapest option?

There are so many!

If you have an Android phone you can install the Steam app, and get a Steam controller, link the steam controller to your phone over bluetooth via the Bluetooth update for steam controller, then connect the android phone to the same WiFi network as the PC with PSOBB installed and Steam, you will be able to stream PSOBB from the PC to your Android phone and connect the Android phone to your TV via HDMI cable assuming your android phone is compatible.

This should work on Samsung high end phones no issue or equivalent with HDMI support and Bluetooth.

Here is example set up: using a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, and this adapter, you can plug the Galaxy Note 8 into ethernet wired home network for max performance and your TV via HDMI. Your phone can also be charged when plugged into this unit.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0794WTTL...f60208201ad02c1973b97048be8dd5&language=en_US

If you dont want the wired home ethernet feature just get a cheaper unit with HDMI only, and try to get a cable that charges the phone when connected.

Here is an article on how to link a $50 steam controller to your phone where it will run any game remotely from your PC: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7728-QESJ-4420

Steam Controller and Steam link : https://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/Steam_Controller/

Total cost: 90 bucks if you have a galaxy 8 or newer for the above solution to work flawlessly using the USB C port on your phone. Etc. Also the above Dex unit might even allow you to hook up USB controllers like xbox one, PS4, or steam controller. However I recommend the steam controller myself.

Another option is to get a steam controller, and Steam Link, which will stream PSOBB from your PC to the Steam Box over a wired or wireless network.

Basically option 1 and 2 are like remote desktop options. They are functionally the same just one uses android phone as the steam link, the second uses a dedicated steam link box. Both options stream the game at 1080p or lower.

Alternatively just get a media center, laptop, or any kind of computer which has a displayport, DVI, or HDMI output and connect directly to the TV. The better the specs, GPU, etc the higher the resolution you can run PSOBB, ie upto 4K with a Radeon 390X or above.

What I personally do is hook my laptop up with HDMI to my TV, then use my steam controller with wireless dongle to play for best performance.

Last edited:
Back