Quests...? Most useful ones?

ZZT

Guildcard
I don't quite understand the purpose of many of the quests compared to regular zone runs. I know that Endless Nightmare 4 helped me and a friend farm Rico's Glasses, and that Phantasmal World 3 has a place for easy box farming, and pretty much everyone knows TTF... but what about the rest of the huge list? It's kind of intimidating and I wouldn't even know where to begin.

The general idea is that you use the most common creature in those quests to hunt from. By example, Lost master blaster and Rampage D have a high number of dorphons, so you'd use those quests to hunt items you're looking for from Dorphons because its your best option. Being serious though, don't worry about "being right" or "doing things correct" right out of the gate, just play the game and enjoy it as you go for now. Efficiency can come later. =p

To add onto Colette's post:
some quests also have useful rewards, and others are just fun and/or challenging.

I'm, like, level 113 though and I'm not sure what to hunt at this point... and it's going to be a pain to level non-forces.

Also, I'm open to good quest suggestions for what it's worth.

There are many good quests, frankly. You could do what I do: I usually do a "scouting run" on a quest that's new to me on an easier difficulty level. That way I can get a feel for where to go, what mobs spawn, and its overall enjoyability to me without investing a lot of time in case it turns out to be a bit of a slog. Some quests I really enjoy, but others have creators that enjoy putting in "Haha, I got you, you're dead" scenarios which are less frustrating to encounter for the first time if you are overlevelled.

Also, Incase you didn't know (some dont) there's a drop chart on the main website that lists what drops on your characters specific section id. So you'd match what you want to find, by whats on the chart from that monster.

Some side notes that often get mistaken:
-Section id determines the global drops for that room, not just what you can get. So say you're yellowboze and join a greenill room, you'll be getting greenill's drops, not your id's. You'd have to make your own room to get your section id's drops.
-If they're the same ID as you, then you'll get yellowboze's drops but it doesn't double it or anything so dont get hopeful. seems kinda silly that i have to point that out but some people have thought that.
-The section ID on the room stays when you leave the room, so if you wanted to multiclient and hunt that ID's drops on a different character you can.

I enjoy Addictive foods because of the number of enemies per room and drops. Story missions have areas just before the final room with breakable boxes you can use for mag fodder. Plus sometimes story makes certain type of enemies spawn more. I guess. I need to test that theory.

Noob question! 0/

What's that quest? =0
The best non-battle Mode quest on this server.

You can find it in Episode 2. It goes through a pretty boring run of seabed (boring for most, I love it though) followed by Temple monster spam.

Also a fun quest to troll your friends in if they aren't ready for it.

Last edited:
The government quests aren't actually half bad as said by tofu, they just have bad rep from the Sega experience of doing them over...and over...and over...and over.

The best non-battle Mode quest on this server.

You can find it in Episode 2. It goes through a pretty boring run of seabed (boring for most, I love it though) followed by Temple monster spam.

Also a fun quest to troll your friends in if they aren't ready for it.

I'll have to try it.

The government quests aren't actually half bad as said by tofu, they just have bad rep from the Sega experience of doing them over...and over...and over...and over.

Trust me I know. Sega did the same thing with psu and the newer ones. Dunno about pso2, I no longer trust Sega after the bs they pulled with PSU, PSZ, PSP and PSP2.

Last edited:
Back