Question about material plan for leveling Ramarl

Cifer

Hello,

The wiki has the following listed as a material plan for leveling:

Power 129 Mind 93 Luck 28

What I don't quite understand is: Why is this better than using 250 Power materials to max attack even earlier, or 222 Power Materials and 28 Luck Materials? Why is Mind important here when it's mostly used for buffing and you have plenty even without using any materials?

Thanks!

Power materials are just more valuable overall. Of course, you're free to just do 222/28 power/luck for leveling but as you approach cap you're gonna need to reset mats and get even more for approaching the cap. Depending on available equipment, that's an additional ~80-100 extra power mats you're getting to level your character before maxing out. If you're willing to farm/buy/trade for those mats then that's 100% your prerogative. The way I view the important stats/min-max plans, they're just suggestions at the end of the day.

And the reason Mind is important is because it lets you learn higher level techs sooner. Of course, you can also just juggle mags if you've got the time to raise a combat mag a 5/0/0/245 mag for learning techs.

You can still do it of course, in this case the Mind is here so you can actually equip Clio, as you can't without any Mind Materials and a full power mag, even at 200.

I avoided Mind on the mag since I figured people wouldn't want to make a mixed mag, but a mag with mind at the end makes a lot more sense really. (so in this case for levelling, do your 222 power and move the 93 mind materials to the final mag). Alternatively, there's other plans which use multiple mags as you level up to have good ATP/ATA and be able to equip Clio from like, 150ish.

RAmarl has a lot of different routes she can take depending on how you plan to play her as you level. The material plans on the wiki are not the only things you can do, and if people feel they are outdated or whatever, they can just change the wiki with something they feel is better.

222 pow is not very good unless you plan to remat before 150. Ramarl’s atp cap is quite low so you’ll quickly find yourself overcapping atp and needing really weird hybrid mags in order to get your mst high enough for clio.

I don’t have the numbers off the top of my head but i would plug a 157 ramarl into the calculator and work backwards to achieve max atp and 900 mst using the conventional mags you likely already have. (it might end up being the 129/93 spread referenced in the OP- i have not leveled a ramarl in a long time)

Mind also helps Resta, 2 points of mind equal to 1 HP recovered. It can raise the damage of light beams (heaven punishment) too.

I was planning to stick with one mat plan until 200 and then reset.

So far I've been using the Min/Max one from the wiki because I didn't originally want to necessarily respec at 200, but since I'm mostly doing TTF and Phantasmal World 3 Box runs at the moment it seems like I don't need anything but as high of a damage output as possible to go through TTF bosses quickly.

I'm not sure if I should keep going with the Min/Max plan or reset and go for the early max stat plan from the wiki, or something else.

I used 177 Power, 35 Def and 38 Luck on RAmarl.
- I like 38 Luck because I want her Luck to be maxed out while switching to Anti-Dark Ring and I know I wouldn't miss the 20 Def.
- I like 0 mind mat plan because she can max out ATP/ATA at level 153 with 95 Power / 100 Dex Mag (HUnewearl Min-Max Mag) and v101 only.
- She can max out ATP/ATA and use Clio at level 187 with 36 Power / 62 Dex / 97 Mind mag (FOney Min-Max Mag) and v101.
> Tbh I don't care about Clio much since I play solo mostly.
- No need to reset materials at level 200. (But the mag stats needed are weird - 17 Power, 46 Dex and 132 Mind)

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Back