Quest metadata queries

I'm personally aiming for as accurate and rich an interpretation of these quests as possible when translating them rather than trying to copy the conventions of the past down to the "arbitrary changes" and "getting stuff wrong" parts.

Edit: I'm feeling if twilight isn't used as part of the title, and perhaps it should be since it is quite specifically mentioned and hard to substitute accurately with another, then perhaps reckoning? That word too evokes a sense of the end (of an era, of things) and also accurately encompasses your actions during the quest. Or we can just call it "Night at the Museum" and be done with it.

It's hard to say when the quest itself doesn't make any sense (at least to somebody who hasn't played it). What do you do in the quest, anyway? It seems like the kind of quest where context is important, unlike the majority of the game's quests, where the "plot" consists of, "Kill things for me, and then I'll give you money."

Fudgenugget said:
It's a quest set several years in the future after the main events of BB with the ship still orbiting Ragol. One of the only diversions available to the populace is a museum with super realistic robots and set pieces constructed from data the Hunters brought back from their many expeditions.
What robots are these? Tyrell built a museum full of Gillchics and Sinow Beats? Why would anybody be "playing" with these? Wouldn't they kill your kids? :?

Moreover, why does Pioneer 2 need a museum to chronicle events that happened only a few years ago? If the game's events were that recent, why not just go back to Ragol to procure some real robots instead of building replicas?

Aleron Ives said:
What robots are these? Tyrell built a museum full of Gillchics and Sinow Beats? Why would anybody be "playing" with these? Wouldn't they kill your kids? :?

Hahaha! I clearly didn't set the scene properly with my first post.

It's 5 years after the main events of PSOBB and as such there are no (ep IV) monsters on the planet any more and further, no threats of any kind. Civilians still can't go down to Ragol though. The museum has got robotic versions of the monsters that used to inhabit the ep IV areas and these robots were friendly - an old museum broadcast suggests going on a dorphon ride for example. Then they go bananas, then you destroy them. Some of the NPCs make reference to there being kids that know only of Pioneer 2 and nothing of any homeworld, and in that sense the robots were part of the museum experience that clued them into what had happened/kept the legacy more tangibly alive.

Based on that description, the Japanese title sounds plain wrong. They aren't toys at all: they're interactive mechanical museum exhibit recreations of Ragol's altered wildlife. I assume killing Blessed 999K and making his egg stop glowing makes all of the Episode IV monsters die, then. If only Episodes I and II had such tidy endings. :cool:

I have to admit, it's pretty funny how badly the people in charge of the Pioneer Project suck at science. Not only does Dr. Osto destroy Pioneer 1 by experimenting with Dark Falz's DNA, but Pioneer 2 can't even manage a museum of robots without everything going to hell. How did these idiots manage to design spaceships to carry them across the galaxy? :lol:

I noticed you changed the title of Fragments of a Memory on the wiki. ;D

Back