Qedit: Labeling unlabeled labels

Great post, thanks!

Is it possible to add a NPC from a map into another map? Let say I want a Guild Lady (skin 29) in Forest 1. I can do it in QEdit by adding a monster and then changing its skin to 29, but the NPC is not shown in the game.

Do you know if there is a way to do it?

PSO has rigid lists of enemies and objects supported in each area, most likely to fit the game within the Dreamcast's 16MiB RAM. You cannot put NPCs, enemies, or objects in areas where they are not supported, since PSO only loads the assets in supported areas.

PSO has rigid lists of enemies and objects supported in each area, most likely to fit the game within the Dreamcast's 16MiB RAM. You cannot put NPCs, enemies, or objects in areas where they are not supported, since PSO only loads the assets in supported areas.
I hope see hildebear on forest 1 ;)

Thanks for your quick answer!

I hoped there was an OP code like load_npc_data but for common NPCs... Anyways I will keep looking :)

Monster NPCs and script NPCs are completely different. The monster NPCs are just part of the map data and don't consume a slot, but their assets are only loaded in specific areas, just like enemies. Script NPCs are treated like actual players and consume a slot, but you can use them anywhere, since player assets are always available.

Back