Q: about price checks

ealonzo

the based god
Guildcard
I'm new here, but I'm not new to the world of digital trading. I've made several thousand in csgo (not trying to brag just making a point) and the one thing that's prevalent is people sharking noobs*.

How can I be sure I'm not getting sharked? I've had many private offers and even putting something up for auction makes me nervous.

Are these fears unwarranted?

*EDIT: phone autocorrect made weird sentence

Last edited:
To be safe, ask me. I'm a professional PSO player sponsored by Cloud Neet.
Better yet, ask in the #pricecheck channel on the Ephinea Discord

Last edited:
If you are unsure about the current value of an item, price checks from multiple people will give you a more accurate idea of what an item is worth.

people may or may not offer you like 6 PDs or a Cross Scar for your S-parts! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE

I always ask price check then ask friends or strangers inside the game before buying or selling. I can vouch for NDW, traded with him and he has fair prices plus he is really active on the forum.

There is no definitive price for most items because unlike most games, the rarest drops don't equate to the best, nor do they fall behind a "you can only kill it once every week syndrome". You cannot always rely on others to price check for you either. Some people value item X at 50PDs and to some 200. People often over-inflate an item's worth with a high estimate using the assumption that there is some imaginary demand for it even though realistically, they themselves would never actually pay that amount. The variance is even greater for subjective items with 1/impossible drop rates or with hit. You just have a gist of an item's value when you play long enough and have some of them actually drop for you.

Back