Purist becoming a permanent character mode

Another account type would be too much imo. Just make classic drops return as an alternative dropstyle (not primary) and merge that with /purist. So once you select classic drops, there won't be any daily, weekly or HBR boosts.
That is a fantastic idea.

am i right in saying the purist character type you're proposing is sort of like a "hardcore mode" without the death and boosts? as in making that character type would make it so you can't pick up normal mode items...only the items that drop for you? additional question: if a HC character were to type /purist, would it remove the HC boosts or does that only work for server-wide boosts? if it does that might be another option?
Hi Shadow! The idea was pretty much just to incorporate the elements that Cookie proposed, above. Nothing more.
A couple more replies here so I'm not bumping two of the same topic...

what i want to know is why it's suddenly a problem almost a month into the change
It was two or three weeks, and the answer is because I tried to give it a shot, I really did.

Glad to hear someone besides me bringing this up ^ _^
I'm glad too. The only place where we may have a slight disagreement is that I'm not suggesting a reversion to the old PSO2 DAR penalties because 1) we seem to be in the vast minority on this so I don't want to ruin a system most people seem to generally enjoy and 2) the way that this change was made without getting input from the community meant that it was never open to discussion anyway but hey you could join me picketing Ephineacon with signs reading "ONE MONSTER ONE DROP" and "ARE YOU ASSUMING MY DROP TABLE?!" and become really popular

Some of the disconnect on this issue, I think comes from some that are viewing this issue as, "these players want all this extra work to happen for their special game mode" instead of how it really should be viewed, which is "some long-time veteran players are being forced to quit because there's no way for them to circumvent a drastic change in game mechanics that causes quadruple (or more) drop rates" anyway I'm going back to hiding under my rock now

instead of how it really should be viewed, which is "some long-time veteran players are being forced to quit because there's no way for them to circumvent a drastic change in game mechanics that causes quadruple (or more) drop rates"

This is what confuses me. How do increased drop rates force you to quit? It's not like every time a rare is rolled it drops for all 4 players automatically, and even if it did I don't think that is quit-worthy.

Is it just the old school nature of shared drops that appeals to you, and if more people get the items you feel less special about it? Sure that would be a bummer given that mindset but quitting over it seems a bit of a stretch to me

Back