Psycho wand question

br0ner

Guildcard
Hello. I have a question about that item. I am farming caves with my FO purplenum. At this site wiki is info. Chance 1/205. I cant understand one thing. 1) it is chance that mil lily appears and i will get 100% drop wand. or 2) If mil lily appears (I made not many runs, only ~15-20 and no mil lily.) So if it appears, it will be chance 1/205? So i need to wait for example 205 mil lilyes till i get that wand? Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand what i mean :)

Each time you encounter a Mil Lily in EP1 Ultimate with a Purplenum Section ID, Psycho Wand will have a base drop rate of this:
upload_2019-5-20_12-17-25.png

It's 1/204.80 chance the Mill Lilly will drop the item. The rate of a Mil/general rare enemy (not including EP4 boss or BPD2) showing up instead of an Ob Lilly is 1/502 (during normal boosts). So you need to do 1/204.80 x 1/502 (Making it 1/102,809.6) for the actual rate of finding pwand from a given Ob Lilly.

Also a side-note, if you ever have any simple and quick questions like such, we have a thread Quick Questions, Quck Answers so feel free to use that! It's a great thread and people will always give you any info you need :)

Last edited:
As an addition to the information given, it's best to think of your probabilities from a given run, in my opinion. Like, if I clear first three rooms of 1B, what are the odds with 33 Ob Lilly per reset. (It requires a bit of math, but you will see that the chances per run are significantly higher than the ~1/100k rate.

Also, keep in mind that you will not have to kill 205 Mil Lilly to get the Psycho Wand. This is not how probability works, you could be insanely lucky and get it on your first Mil. Alternatively, you could never find one, statistics tells us that the only way to guarantee a Psycho Wand drop is by killing an infinite amount of Mil Lilly.

This is a guide I wrote up for Caves Mil Lilly hunting a few weeks ago. I hope your can use it to optimize your hunts, because it is a long one.

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/mil-lilly-hunting-episode-1.14209/

If you're not fully committed to doing the hunt week after week, you can boost your chances by playing during Rare Enemy Appearance or Rare Drop Rate boost weeks. Either one of these boosts will get your combined odds down to around 1/76806.

Back