PSO's Unlikely Legends & Absurd Rumors

MEIERLINK

Vampire Gothic Lolita ADN Mutated
Guildcard
History, Video Game History and , more precisely the history of PSO, are full of legends and rumours.

To put things in contest, the internet became popular at the end of the 1990s, around the same time as the birth of PSO Dreamcast (2000/2001).
At that time, few people had a computer with an internet connection and the game's information were hard to find.
The players exchanged tips and informations on message board community (for exemple GameFaqs) or personal internet site, but they were sometimes wrong, incomplete or fanciful. Many incredible and fantastic theories were circulating in the lobbies.

And one of the most legendarily wacky was :

rgrg.jpg

Yes, I don't know how it happened, but a popular belief in the lobbies was the existence of an extra level in the Forest area, the Mythical Forest 3 !
Many believed in it, without really believing in it, just for fun. But were trying to find a way to enter. Many theories circulated. For example killing all the monsters and the final boss and then, doing a bunch of crazy stuff afterwards.
Personally, I remember trying with friends to place 4 lv100 players on the bright locations in the infirmary at a specific time >^w^<... but I never managed to go in the undergrowth of this mythical Forest Area 3.

Have you heard about Forest 3 ? What theories have you heard to get into it ? Which ones have you tried ? And...did you manage to enter the Forest 3>^w^< ?!

*Rolls up a newspaper and stomps in Spuzzies direction.....* >=3!!
History, Video Game History and , more precisely the history of PSO, are full of legends and rumours.

To put things in contest, the internet became popular at the end of the 1990s, around the same time as the birth of PSO Dreamcast (2000/2001).
At that time, few people had a computer with an internet connection and the game's information were hard to find.
The players exchanged tips and informations on message board community (for exemple GameFaqs) or personal internet site, but they were sometimes wrong, incomplete or fanciful. Many incredible and fantastic theories were circulating in the lobbies.

And one of the most legendarily wacky was :

View attachment 18503

Yes, I don't know how it happened, but a popular belief in the lobbies was the existence of an extra level in the Forest area, the Mythical Forest 3 !
Many believed in it, without really believing in it, just for fun. But were trying to find a way to enter. Many theories circulated. For example killing all the monsters and the final boss and then, doing a bunch of crazy stuff afterwards.
Personally, I remember trying with friends to place 4 lv100 players on the bright locations in the infirmary at a specific time >^w^<... but I never managed to go in the undergrowth of this mythical Forest Area 3.

Have you heard about Forest 3 ? What theories have you heard to get into it ? Which ones have you tried ? And...did you manage to enter the Forest 3>^w^< ?!
1. RPG Chibi Ash is....F'KIN ADORBS~!!!
2. Mew had also been prived into hasing all 4 of us stand on the bright spots in hospital waaay back on Sega servers with the same disappointment =^u.u^=.
3. Some time ago there was even talk of a secret Chao in Forest...never looked into it too deeply...but it turned out to be true in some form!

Actually mew would settle for being able to turn ppl into POCKET SIZED warriors in lobbies~! XD!

Last edited:
A common Ragol’s legend : « V502 improves demon’s proc«

A new one that popped up on discord yesterday:
»someone told me that jellen/zallure made falz berserk »

Another one I heard in game
«reaching 200 doesn’t show up banner anymore »

A common Ragol’s legend : « V502 improves demon’s proc«

A new one that popped up on discord yesterday:
»someone told me that jellen/zallure made falz berserk »

Another one I heard in game
«reaching 200 doesn’t show up banner anymore »
200 Banners still scroll.... <3

I didn't hear about Forest 3. But here are some I recall, some more stupid than others.

Black Flow (EP2)
Flowen's real sword without the aura. You can't get it but (insert name here) hacked it in

GMs are actually around (Blue Burst, see above for alternate)
They just use the 13th lobby slot and 5th slow which can't be viewed by normal players

(some person authorized to use spsof) can kill your console (EP2/EP3)
Better stay in Deneb 10!

Dark Falz will drop Red Ring (EP2)
...if you kill him offline with a Lavis Cannon special attack that kills you so you can go back.

Olga Flow will drop PGF (EP2)
...if you kill him offline and spell Heathcliff in order with Red weapons.

Unused Hunewearl Hair (PC)
One of the HUnewearls has a white streak of hair which isn't present if used as a player. [This is kind of true except it isn't unused hair, it was a graphical glitch]

Proto Regen Gear can evolve (EP2)
Just have to evade 20,000 times without taking it off!

Hucaseal is in the game (PC/V2)
this might be true but I've never seen evidence of it!

a couple of random ones i can recall from my time in psogc/bb (mostly gc focused tho tbh).

"Beat time" controlled luck directly (with some RNG seed based on your ID and current beat time), and thus on specific beat times, things will spawn more often, or have a better RDR, ect. (This wasn't helped at all by the fact on one day i got a mil lily spawn for a demo comet, the next day a crimson assassin drops me an asuka, on both the same beat time).

Killing stuff with a Gae Bolg actually powered it up (Like cursed weapons on tale's games, ect) based on its description.

Plenty of Red ring/PGF rumors, more then i care to remember or specifically type out, almost all of them involving red weapons/killing yourself, specific positioning in cutscenes (Be in flowen form with red weapon equipped [or the flowens set], kill olga flow, stand under where his sword lands ect)

Funnily enough, I never heard of the forest three rumors, not once o-o. I heard of little secret places in other areas, but never a completely new area like that xD

1675234485661.png
Indeed, if i remember correctly, it was rumor i heard on Dreamcast.
In fact they were'nt Sonic Team's employees but Predators >^w^<

the-predators-camouflage-lets-him-sneak-attack-and-then-disappear (2).jpg
On the other hand, I don't think I've ever heard of this "5th slot".

Back