PSOBB Addon Plugin (Lua UI addons)

Discussion in 'Tools' started by Eidolon, Dec 11, 2016.

1. conenubi701

conenubi701 קרטל אל

Guildcard:
    I told Jake this a couple of days ago but forgot to add it in my post, works with Windows XP as long as you have vs 2015 installed (Though I think I'm the only that plays this game on XP every now and then lol)

Spuz likes this.
  2. Spuz

Spuz Without rain, nothing grows.

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    @Arsuru does also I'm sure. Oh actually their pc just died so not anymore...

Arsuru likes this.
  3. Archivebit

Archivebit fourwordsalluppercase

Guildcard:
    This is amazing! I had to do some editing to allow myself to get around pesky work permissions and what not. All good though :D

Spuz likes this.
  4. moya

moya Member

Guildcard:
    holy shit, this is fantastic! Can't wait to play around with this.

5. Robson Matos

Robson Matos Member

Guildcard:
    Hello! Hows to config dropchecker? Which folder i have to put the script? I dont understand.

6. DiZzy

DiZzy Last name Ever, First name Worst

Guildcard:
    Extract Eidolon's link into your PSO folder then Extract ToasterMage's into the addon folder created by Eidolon's.

Nyte and Spuz like this.
  7. Spuz

Spuz Without rain, nothing grows.

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    Your computer > program files > ephineaPSO

Eidelons link extracts 3 items. 'Dinput8.dll, readme and addon folder'. Which all need to be placed into your 'ephineaPSO' folder (like dizzy mentions). Then extract the link for drop checker into the addon folder.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    DiZzy and Nyte like this.
  8. Eidolon

Eidolon Member

conenubi701 and Jyuki like this.
  9. Roo

Roo Taking a break for a bit

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    I love this. Simply amazing. Now I don't have to pick up unnecessary weapon boxes.

Spuz likes this.
  10. Esc

Esc Ephinean

So how can I figure out where stuff is in the memory? Do I have to be some kind of a master hacker?

Schnitzel likes this.
  11. ToasterMage

ToasterMage Member

Guildcard:
    lots of trial and error.

Basically I used the info from here dropped some items and scanned the memory for the item values to find the drop table's address.
    But, this address was not the same every time I started pso(even switching chars changed it), so I had to find the location of a constant memory address that always pointed to where the drop table was.

Then I searched the memory for the address itself. And if it found nothing I subtracted a byte and tried till I did find it.
    ex: I scan and find the first item on the floor is at memory address 0x5120. I scan the memory for 0x5120 and find nothing, so I scan 0x511F then 0x511E etcetc till eventually I find that 0x5110 is in memory address 0x1280.

So on startup of the addon I read from the memory address 0x1280 and then I add 0x10 (0x5120-5110) to it to get to where the drop table is.

Mad and conenubi701 like this.
  12. Esc

Esc Ephinean

I see. But how did they figure out how the items work in the first place? Item related stuff seems relatively easy since you can search for a known value but how about something that isn't already documented somewhere e.g. checking which episode the player is in?

The only way to figure it out that I can think of is doing something like switching between episodes ingame and searching for values that have increased/decreased (by one presumably) over and over again until you have reduced it to the right address. But that sounds extremely tedious.

13. falkenjeff

falkenjeff I have quit the game

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    YUP!

It is what it is.

14. Soly

Soly Member

You don't need to be a master hacker, but is not like you'll be a master in 10 minutes.
    If you really want to learn a bit about it, I'd recommend you to get cheat engine and try out its tutorial.

Also memory searching is not the only thing you can do to find things, inspecting the assembly is pretty good and maybe even better than memory searching once you have some info about how the game works.

Anyway, I don't think this topic should be derailed into a "hacking" topic... there are tons of info out there in the internet.

Spuz likes this.
  15. Wilhuf

Wilhuf Overanalyzer

Guildcard:
    Great work, and thanks for sharing this with us!

Spuz likes this.
  16. conenubi701

conenubi701 קרטל אל

Guildcard:
    I used it once in Battle Mode. LOOOOL So cheap since I know whether to risk a death or not depending on their secondary weapon drops.

Alakaboom likes this.
  17. Zen

Zen Member

Guildcard:
    Thanks for making this tool! It's very good. However I'm getting a lot of random crashes when I'm using it, around 10 times today. I don't know if there's a way to make it more stable or if it's related to my computer/settings, but I do hope it'll be fixed in the future.

Archivebit and Spuz like this.
  18. Soly

Soly Member

I sort of recall reading somewhere that any exception in the thing would crash pso, I can't find it now tho... but is clear that is in early development and obviously will be improved over time.
    Something that makes the game crash (more than it already does) wouldn't be good.

Spuz likes this.
  19. Soly

Soly Member

@Eidolon Is the inability to write memory a limitation of the framework or by (your) design?

20. Andy

Andy Toxicest player

Guildcard:
    By design