PSO (+BB) Section ID tools

In your example output, where do you enter the class? Nvm, I guess that example output is not for BB.

A while ago I wrote my own in JS, which you can find here.
It handles Unicode properly (in most calculators, there is some missing code that makes certain JP names give the wrong result).

If someone wants, I can give them the code so they can host their own, I guess, (or they can just rip it off the page).

I mess most with seeing what name gets what for Gamecube so cool having a command prompt generator. Since you can't manually change a char's section afterwards.

Soly's for BB is pretty damn sweet having all classes' sections shown in realtime as you type.

Yeah, people can use whatever they like, I never really saw commandline ID tools that's a reason why I wrote them.
It's a real pitty that unicode support on windows is such a pain in low(er) level languages and even if I made my BB tool unicode-aware, one would have to change his/her cmdline codepage (by using a "simple" command) as well as change his/her font to Lucida Console to be able to actually use unicode names in my tool :(

Edit: Added example usage image for BB as well ^_-

Last edited:
Updated the apps, most of the code was re-written as it was ugly af before, BB version has a 'X' option/switch that outputs a list of classes and section ID's that corresponds to input name.

I found one small easy to correct issue. If one forget to add a class identifier in SEID_BB.exe the following line is printed on screen
Code:
Error, no class identifier detected
and close the program.

Maybe instead of showing an error message and closing you could take it as if the user asked for All Classes at once! and remove the need to manually add X as it would be done when no other class identifier is present,
Maybe also add a ways to exit the program without need it to use Alt+F4 or manually closing the window

Last edited:
I'm writing an Open Source replacement. But if need be I might continue updating Section ID tools as OpenSectionID doesn't work the same.
Link is https://github.com/eleriaqueen/OpenSectionID

@Aether89 :
License is MIT
Feel free to use my code as you please :)

- Added support for what I call "loop mode" to github version (basically like a shell, you type a name and it spits out a list of classes/id's, rinse and repeat)
- Made names of my project files more sane (all caps was funny for a moment... >_<)
- Fixed bug where 1-character long names were not processed

Last edited:
So... I've deleted the online repository for this project because I'm very dissatisfied with my code and because I'm currently not skilled enough to support UTF8 in C language in a timely manner.

I'm doing my best to keep a consistent naming scheme from now on ^_ ^"

If you really need a commandline tool :
https://github.com/eleriaqueen/pySeccy does almost the same thing as OpenSectionID did and is cross-platform (though being a Python implementation it needs a Python interpreter to run of course)

Last edited:
Back