PS4 Pro anyone?

I guess now that Boost Mode has been implemented, I'll finally buy one... maybe this weekend. Got a $130 Amazon Gift card from a friend for nothing (they won it in a raffle and are too lazy to use it themselves), MIGHT AS WELL APPLY IT TO THE PS4 PRO and Craigslist my old PS4.

I like that they can finally use External drives for games but it doesn't really matter for the PS4 Pro since it has Sata 3 and you can just swap in an SSD instead of being stuck on Sata 2 with the Xbox One and PS4 amateur version. Though on XBO you could just use a USB3.0 external that's much better than the stock internal hdds (stock xbox) or SSHDs (elite xbox).

PS4 pro is worth it if you have the money. PC gaming is too expensive for my blood, never cared about top of the line components anyway. Pro if you have 4k display.

The external HDD support is a new update, not exclusive to ps4 pro.

PS4 pro is worth it if you have the money. PC gaming is too expensive for my blood, never cared about top of the line components anyway. Pro if you have 4k display.

The external HDD support is a new update, not exclusive to ps4 pro.

The problem with modern day consoles (from what I have seen) is that games aren't made to their specs anymore. I don't really remember a gamecube, PS2, or N64 game ever lagging unless they were a REALLY bad port. You bought a game and it was almost certainly guaranteed to run well and look nice.

From what I've heard, games on new consoles don't do this. They go "meh close enough, it fucking runs" and ship it, even if it has FPS issues etc... (Note: I'm sure this isn't the majority)

Makes it feel like you're playing the game on a bad PC.

The problem with modern day consoles (from what I have seen) is that games aren't made to their specs anymore. I don't really remember a gamecube, PS2, or N64 game ever lagging unless they were a REALLY bad port. You bought a game and it was almost certainly guaranteed to run well and look nice.

From what I've heard, games on new consoles don't do this. They go "meh close enough, it fucking runs" and ship it, even if it has FPS issues etc... (Note: I'm sure this isn't the majority)

My PS4 experience has been this

A lot of old games drop frames, but I think its irrelevant for 99% of gameplay unless its dropping all the time.

I can agree, but some people are also really anal about specs and fps. Unless its a competitve game 60fps locked isn't absolutely necessary(it's nice though).

Sounds like the PS4 Pro is for you, youll get a more solid frame rate. If i threw a number it would probably be a solid 20% frame rate boost which IS worth it if FPS is important to you. Expect Sony exclusives to take 100% advantage of the Pro. I wouldnt expect it from 3rd party as much.

Sounds like the PS4 Pro is for you, youll get a more solid frame rate. If i threw a number it would probably be a solid 20% frame rate boost which IS worth it if FPS is important to you. Expect Sony exclusives to take 100% advantage of the Pro. I wouldnt expect it from 3rd party as much.

Sadly I'm broke and just play League and PSO.

PSO is actually strangely fun atm and I don't have much desire to play other games lol.

You don't remember well enough then. Many PS2/N64/GC games had noticeable dips, that's why if you want a smoother experience using classic consoles you end up overclocking them or overclocking cartridge chips (like the super fx games on snes). Consoles are still the way to go if you just want to play. You won't have to worry about driver/compatibility/optimization or whether your PC can run a game or not.

I can agree, but some people are also really anal about specs and fps. Unless its a competitve game 60fps locked isn't absolutely necessary(it's nice though).
Lol I can't play PC shooters on anything under a 120hz monitor now, I've been spoiled with 144fps on a 144hz panel. I don't mind playing console shooters at 60fps on a 60hz screen but that's because I'm not using a mouse on consoles.

4.50 never?

:mad:

Bloodborne not faring much better with boost mode is a major bummer though. Also apparently FFXV is fucked with the latest patch when you're on a Pro? I'm not gonna spend 40 to find out. (Another bummer: SSD with SATA3 makes virtually no difference for all games because of questionable speed caps.)

Back