Prevent controller inputs when game not focused?

Paradroid

Guildcard
I want to play another game on my 2nd screen while I'm waiting for people to join rooms, but PSO is still recognizing my controller inputs even when the game window is not focused.
Is there some way to prevent this?

Not really.

If you play the other game with mouse/KB then you can unplug the controller after starting PSO, so PSO only registers controller inputs for most things.

If you play PSO with mouse/KB then you can unplug the controller prior to running PSO then it won't pick it up.

If you want to play both games with a controller, then you'll have to do convoluted remapping for both games so one of them sees the controller as keyboard/mouse inputs but not a controller. This also probably makes your keyboard useless when playing otherwise.

Or the other game you're playing supports more than one controller, which is cool but means you need another controller, and runs the risk of Windows getting confused which controller is player 1.

There is software called HideHide which can cloak devices so for example I can have 2 devices in and cloak the first one then play PSO with the second. (In theory, never actually tested it yet). Also I am unsure if it is able to cloak per game specifically or if its all of windows. It's something to look at though, maybe similar software out there. Hope you find a solution.

I use Steam and add Ephinea as a non-steam game to use Steam Input. This method causes input not to work when PSOBB isn't focused

Caveat: If the second game is also through Steam, it will cause the PSO to take inputs anyways... :(

Back