Power Maser Combo Unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiZzy

Last name Ever, First name Worst
Guildcard
Already a great ultility weapon for breaking boxes and clearing traps with your RAcast/RAcaseal. Scaring Rappies is also another great use for it but due to it being combo locked I'll quote @Straycat on this:

Power Maser. Can't properly scare Rappies due to it being locked. Really need double hit to avoid scare cancel and the chance of ghosted Rappies on other clients. RIP. :'(

A purely QoL improvement as I'm unaware there is any meta changing side effects of such a change.

Of course as always this is up to our staff to decide but just thought I'd throw a serious suggestion out there.

Wouldn't Power Maser then be able to lock Opt?
Can a shot even lock Vol Opt (I genuinely don't know)? Iron Faust (a shot) on Scht wasn't really used for "locking" because it was hitting the core, correct?

No weapons will be combo unlocked. Soda and myself discussed Combo unlocking weapons when we started this server. We ultimately decided against it. A search on the forum would return our responses on unlocking weapons.

Unlocking weapons has a knock on affect. Stats may need to be adjusted to avoid making the weapon OP. And then finding a balance without nerfing the weapon. Plus the drama it could cause. These are our reasons for never unlocking a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back