Potential guild card reordering bug

Ryan

✨ Lucky Lucky
Staff member
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Not sure if this is exactly how this bug works, but here we go anyway:

I've noticed over the past couple days that some of my guild cards have moved around a bit for no apparent reason. I remembered that the last one to move was someone who sent me his card again, so I think the problem stems from someone whose card you already have sending you their card again, which... causes it to be moved to the end of your list of cards? I think.

Further testing is needed, I guess! They definitely reorder themselves somehow, though, and it's annoying...

If Tethealla behaves the same way previous versions do, if someone sends you a Guild Card on a different character, you won't receive any confirmation, the new card will automatically overwrite the old one, and it will still be in the same spot in your list. The only thing that should affect the order of your cards is you sorting them manually.

As Ives said, at least the code we have over Ultima does this, the order is not "auto-magically" changed.
Soda might want to review that.

I already know what's causing this, we'll fix it. Thanks.

This should be fixed now, sorry for taking so long with it, was busy with other things. Now we have to tackle guild comment and team name length.

I resent my card as another character to someone else who already had my card, and it deleted itself from their list completely, apparently. :V

Hi, I just tested this with Gnome, sending updated cards back and forth, under different characters, and logging on and off repeatedly, we could not reproduce what happened with you, Ryan. Sorry.

That's fine, it wasn't even a firsthand bug report as it didn't happen to me, so I can't even confirm if/how it happened at all.

Back