Post stroke. Post baby.

shadowflare60

Cat with a drinking problem
Guildcard
Some of you (hardcore) know whats been going on, why i suddenly dissapeared and what ive been fighting.

The last month has been eventful. Not just because my son was born ( 7 pounds, 11 ounces, 20 inches tall), but something rather scary happened. I had a stroke.

My ability to think remains thankfully, but i have lost quite a bit of what made me able to fully enjoy pso. My twitch reflexes. I have zero reflex reaction time in my left arm. On top of that, the post stroke assessment revealed an 80 percent loss in strength on my left side.

Im still me, im just crippled for the time being, and slower reaction speeds means i should probably not play pso for a while. I dont want to drag teams down because i could not react fast enough.

Sorry to those i play with, but this might be the end of pso for me.

Some of you (hardcore) know whats been going on, why i suddenly dissapeared and what ive been fighting.

The last month has been eventful. Not just because my son was born ( 7 pounds, 11 ounces, 20 inches tall), but something rather scary happened. I had a stroke.

My ability to think remains thankfully, but i have lost quite a bit of what made me able to fully enjoy pso. My twitch reflexes. I have zero reflex reaction time in my left arm. On top of that, the post stroke assessment revealed an 80 percent loss in strength on my left side.

Im still me, im just crippled for the time being, and slower reaction speeds means i should probably not play pso for a while. I dont want to drag teams down because i could not react fast enough.

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate you on the birth of your son! Thank you for sharing this amazing news :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your stroke man, that's a rough go. I don't play hc but its a very nice community. If pso is what you love to do, you shouldn't leave it for fear of slowing teams down! If anyone has a problem with how quickly or slowly you go, they're not worth playing with anyway. I'm down for playing with you, I always watch out for HC players :) Ofc it sounds like pso is not the priority atm but don't let your bad luck spoil something you enjoy. I'm sure you'll be better than some players anyway! :p I think you'll be surprised how cool some people on this server can be :)
What happened to you was a terrible thing, and if you ever do return to pso, people must, and will be I'm sure, understanding! Thank you for giving us an update on your health.

I wish you and your family the best for the future!

Last edited:

*Rests her tiny forehead on yours for All to see!* You're Not Alone in this dear!!! Before mew starts shaking pom poms trying to cheer you on to return to us.... First lets address your Stroke and what u can expect. The First Issue will be what mew is already seeing you display.... DEMONS! Those little shadows of doubt and self berating! *Rolls up tiny newspaper!!* YES, something LIFE changing has just happened to you and before you count yourself out...remember this.... it only takes ONE Blood vessel to clot to KILL someone! Guess what?, YOU BEAT the Odds already! <3! So before you allow yourself to sink to a low place where medication crap dwells... know that YOU'RE STILL ALIVE and can continue to do Great things...Albeit a LOT SLOWER and with a constant fear some 10yr old can tip you over!! =P. Mew was in a room alone overhearing a lead Neuro Doctor tell her crying mom to "make preperations" because "50% of stroke victims dont survive within the year of having one." This was back in 1995....its now 2017 and MEWS STILL HERE!!! So, Keep in mind you're Always a FIGHTER First before being a "Stroke victim!!!" When mew first had her stroke her Entire left side of her body was a Wet Noodle! Had no control or sensation, but after a month or so of Heperin blood thinner shots and agonizing electric pad therapy sessions...mew got SOME of her control back and Walked out of that hospital with a leg brace and a cane! lol.
Before mew goes on a POSITIVE ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING Rant.... understand that Strokes are like fingerprints, NO Two strokes are alike. Took mew almost 10 years just to make her left paw reach up to touch her right shoulder. Might take you less than a week or month to do other stuff! <3. Time is gonna test you more than anything. By time your kid is old enough to want to play football or baseball, you may be back to 80-90% of your old self. Keep the Demons at bay if doubt crawls in your head! Depression will END you before u get the chance to realize you STILL have a life of being a loving Father and/or a fun Hubby! <3 >=3
Now, as for this PSO stuff...*puts on a Drill Instructor Hat and hovers over you* Get used to typing with ONE hand! with time it will become Faster and Easier! While mew was in her hospital bed and friends asked her "can we get you anything?" Mew only said this.... "Get mew a sega saturn control pad!". And there mew practiced virtua fighter moves with ONE paw! PSO under stress is gonna kick your ass at first...but if mew can do it... chances are YOU can too! =') Find a wired xbox 360 pad or equal! Hell, mew will even draw u diagrams if she has to of how to do it! =3. Which brings mew to the next choice of dirty words that will be your opponent across from you for the next few weeks...months...years..... "Giving up!" You are NOT to Bow or lower your gaze to these words!!! Mews eyes are welling up typing this because shes so ANGRY this has happened again to someone as passionate as herself! Strokes are NO JOKE and has just about Robbed mew of Every Dream shes ever worked/bled/and sacrificed for! You, on the other paw have a new family to act as fire to Forge you! >=3! Eeeeee!!! Congrats "Daddy!" <3
If you have any concerns or need to get a loving Whack on the nose from time to time... your mew will be here to halp!
Wish mew was talented enough to make songs like this into PSO formats =') And again...remember dear... you're not alone! <3 You has....US! =')

Last edited:
Thanks guys. If i do play ill probably be non hc for a while. And thats if i can play. I signed up for a very agressive pt so i can recover as fast as possible for the babys sake.

Good man. Wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you on PSO again soon!

Thanks guys. If i do play ill probably be non hc for a while. And thats if i can play. I signed up for a very aggressive pt so i can recover as fast as possible for the babys sake.
*Gazes upon you with a sad fanged smile* Good news, You've already got the warrior spirit to improve....Bad news, and prolly the hardest....Stroke injuries aren't at all like broken bones or torn tissues. There IS NO 4-6 weeks window to see and feel results etc. Mew's only saying this from her experiences and frustrations. Brain signals have been impaired to purrfectly good body parts. REALLY Hard to use your anger and passion to recover 'fast' when that squishy stuff between our ears is stuck in a Pink Floyd loop of "...Is there anybody in there?.....". =/
If stuff doesn't go your way as quickly as you're used to...Adapt....Improvise....Overcome! You'd be surprised at how capable you can be to get crap Done when creative! Which brings mew to her next theater of operation...
Your soulmate in this will be a key factor to help with any shadows of depression! Sex prolly should be avoided til you know for sure WHAT caused the stroke in the first place =P. But the Moment you two realize you can still make love for hours in creative ways without you becoming some cliche' comic character clutching his chest and dying with a smile n his face....You're gonna stay Happier too! Trust mew! She KNOWS! lol. Oh, and as a heads up...in PT you're gonna hear a lot of the mantra of "USE it or LOSE it!" in reference to your weak left side! Mew has a comical story or two about that if anyone wants to hear for a giggle! >=3 GL!! We Wub You!!!

Last edited:
Back