Possible Return of State/Maintenance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alma Elma

Guildcard
This is one item that I really miss. It used to exist in the Dreamcast days, but was then removed from the game for every future version for whatever reason. I know that a cure/all is/could be kinda OP, but this thing could be a super rare drop. Since there's a drop table re-arrange planned, I thought that this thing could be thrown in the Mine since barely anything cool drops there. Since all of the cure/units can be gotten from rares in VH rather easily, this thing could be ultimate exclusive at, like, 1/5,000 or so from a Baranz or Canune, or maybe 1/50 from Vol Opt ver. 2.

I'm not too good at the whole drop table thing, I just think it'd be cool to have this item return, but have it be rare. I don't really see why it shouldn't re-exist on the drop table, but maybe there's some big detail I'm missing.

suggestion forum was a mistake

So was your birth but your parents still love you. It's not like it's a retarded post so there is no need to bash into it just because you don't like the idea. If you don't like the forum then take it up with the moderation or make your own post/thread instead of insulting others. Please go back to hiding on Ephinea 2 with the rest of the dregs bashing everyone/everything/making drama in secret while not playing the game TY.
---------

Fun Fact about State/Maint is that it doesn't actually cure the items like the normal cure/units. It allows you to be inflicted for (idk how many frames) let's say half a second before ''curing'' the effect. IMO it's not hugely OP, because everyone should be carrying 10 sols which only takes half a second more to cure the effect anyways. I would not mind seeing this in the game as long as it was a pretty rare item because of making cure units redundant.

So was your birth but your parents still love you. It's not like it's a retarded post so there is no need to bash into it just because you don't like the idea. If you don't like the forum then take it up with the moderation or make your own post/thread instead of insulting others. Please go back to hiding on Ephinea 2 with the rest of the dregs bashing everyone/everything/making drama in secret while not playing the game TY.
---------

Fun Fact about State/Maint is that it doesn't actually cure the items like the normal cure/units. It allows you to be inflicted for (idk how many frames) let's say half a second before ''curing'' the effect. IMO it's not hugely OP, because everyone should be carrying 10 sols which only takes half a second more to cure the effect anyways. I would not mind seeing this in the game as long as it was a pretty rare item because of making cure units redundant.
state/maint is a meme

I'd like to see a good argument against this item being added, considering it was in the game originally.

If you do so, you should keep in mind:
1) how broken the ep4 items are in comparison to older items. S/M makes much less of an impact on high level play than certain ep4 weapons/armors/units.
2) this isn't a vanilla server so an argument solely based on sega's decisions isn't valid (e.g. red ring lvl requirement, clio)

Last edited:
---------

Woah there friend

State/Maintenance honestly wouldn't be that great since it doesn't prevent the status conditions like the cure units, but instead takes a second before practically using a sol atomizer minus the debuff removal.

It's a shame that state/Maintenance doesn't prevent the HP drain from armors like Luminous Field or other items, it would help prevent another Spuz death which might cut down on his rage a bit.

I'm all for State/Maintenance. Doesn't change the game for high level play while allowing casual noobs like myself to just stare and Alt K at an Ob Lilly when they try to paralyze my HUmar.

B>B-mode State/Maintenance in Rule 3 boxes

it would help prevent another Spuz death which might cut down on his rage a bit.

Who said I am angry, I feel great today, also I don't play HC anymore so who cares if I die (plus deaths never made me rage, it's people like you/Toaster who make me rage) :wacko:
And before you bring up the past like you always do, yes I have raged many a time in the past and too crazy heights but I have been to therapy for several things and am actually sorting my life out so say what you will about me, I honestly don't care. The only reason I jumped on Toaster was in defence of the thread maker as Toaster was jumping on Elmas thread saying the whole forum is a bad idea instead of discussing the idea proposed which is insulting to them. If you have nothing good to say or add to the thread or any thread/post anyone makes then don't say anything instead of all insulting one another. I dislike bullies or people who think they can talk shit to one another for amusement. The point is if you don't like something then go talk to the damn moderation about it instead of just insulting others ideas. It's down to the moderation whether they think it's stupid/like it, not you, not me or anyone else.

Let's not make this thread about me please and derail the thread so that's all I will say on this. I am sorry about that/this @Alma Elma .

--------------------------------------
I would love to see state/maint in the game!

Actually, State/Maintenance does prevent some statuses while curing others, at least in GC. Sega kinda sorta started to tweak it before removing it I guess. IIRC paralysis and slow were prevented, but freeze was cured, or somesuch. You'd have to see how it behaves on BB to be sure.

Everybody requests State/Maintenance, but nobody ever requests Trap/Search. It's almost as lonely as Anti is when you have State/Maintenance. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back