Playing through steamlink

Caradison

I have the game running through steamlink successfully but I can't get my xbox 360 wireless controller to work through steamlink for this game. Assuming it's due to how steamlink handles controllers

Any help or suggestions? Anxious to get back in and play!

Thanks

It looks like only the "Steam Controller" is fully supported across Steam link. Many report the same issue with various games. Are you in range of the PC? maybe connect the receiver to the PC hosting the game?

I'm a little bit too far away that the reception tends to drop every couple minutes. I have a steam controller and generally I hate using it but since pso isn't really dual analog I guess I can use that if I need to.

I do use my 360 controller for lots of other games thru steam but I'm guessing this might have to do with pso not supporting the format steamlink sends the 360 controller data back as

Thanks for the help!

Its probably trying to emulate a controller driver that isn't supported by PSOBB. You may find a 3rd party fix for it though.

Steam controller isn't even working. Weird. I'm not a huge pc gamer but I never ran into this before ...

Is it trying to use XInput? PSO is old and only supports DirectInput controllers, so newer controllers and/or their drivers may have no effect in PSO unless you can force them to use DirectInput.

I've actually made a very very very good config for the steam controller. I'll be uploaded it to the community in a bit. For the joystick, I'm using the mouse region. Allows for more accurate on the fly movement so your character doesn't have to turn and face. Better then the xinputs. I've created a dual stage touch menu on the right pad so you can use the shortcuts- 1 to 8 on the fly. You need to enable mouse/ drag and keyboard controls. This works better than when I had my other controllers working before.. far better. Almost like using mouse and kb.

I've actually made a very very very good config for the steam controller. I'll be uploaded it to the community in a bit. For the joystick, I'm using the mouse region. Allows for more accurate on the fly movement so your character doesn't have to turn and face. Better then the xinputs. I've created a dual stage touch menu on the right pad so you can use the shortcuts- 1 to 8 on the fly. You need to enable mouse/ drag and keyboard controls. This works better than when I had my other controllers working before.. far better. Almost like using mouse and kb.

Awesome can't wait!

Its uploaded. You should be able to find it by adding Ephinea to your steam through the regular menu(not by manually selecting the exe). Will be under community profiles.

EDIT - Making a small change to it and uploading. I mapped it in a way that you can also zoom in and out and had alt touch menu button mapped to it. I changed it from right trigger to right bumper. Will upload that one in a bit. Just keep in mind, this is designed around full screen. I've not tried it yet in window.

Last edited:
Back