Played back in 2003-04, put many hours into the original. Wanted to revisit this childhood game, does it still hold up well?

SleepingCat

Guildcard
I remember a friend and I spending many nights playing through the game, it was one of our first multiplayer RPGs that we delved in heavily together. Something about the game had a unique charm to it. I tried to find similar games online, but always came up short. Recently discovered there were private servers for the PC version. I could dust off the old gamecube and play the original again, but I'm pretty interested in checking out the PC version with new content. Any veterans her think I could try the BB version with new content or stick with the original GC version?

PSO is really an experience that has never been replicated as far as I'm concerned. Sure there are lots of other games that share the same (or similar) space, but this one is just different.

I spent that majority of my time on GC and even though I haven't even gotten to hit content like Episode 4 yet (or even really play with folks), I'm already grateful for things that either weren't accessible on GC (or just straight up didn't exist) and for the community Ephinea has. There's people to talk shop with, share the love of the game with, trade with(!), not to mention QOL things. It helps the game feel fresh and new. I've loved PSO for a long time, but it's probably never been more fun than it has been since I setup shop here.

The best part about it, is you never lose, because your living in a historicIA game that never gets old, (except for the players). LOL> :D Loves killing that dragon.

PSOBB IMO has by far more content in it than the GC version and also there is a great online community here! The hardest part for me when I first started playing BB is the fact that I didn't have a controller. Of course that is to be said with any PC game that certain games are a lot harder to play without a controller. But yeah I would strongly recommend it and I hope you will have fun here!

Back