Photon sphere drop

gizonde

Hello everyone I know this may seem odd but please bear with me.
I suggest adding photon sphere as a drop similar to photon drops but multiplying PD rate by 1/50 or something reasonable.
The reason for this is that Photon Drops are heavily deflated right now and tying photon sphere to photon drop is killing the economy because everyone is trying to sphere right now so all pds vanish the second they are found lol.
And to further justify this action I would like to remind everyone that photon spheres on gamecube were so easily obtainable. You could obtain 5 photon spheres just for clearing a quest.

I know this thread is written poorly I'm not used to writing in an organized manner.

Reactions: Zen
And to further justify this action I would like to remind everyone that photon spheres on gamecube were so easily obtainable. You could obtain 5 photon spheres just for clearing a quest.
this is fairly misleading

I think you needed 10,000 kills with every class on MA2v2. It was also a one time thing.

i believe this information is inaccurate because you could get 5 photon spheres for each character
I looked it up, and yeah, you're right. Apparently you need something else related to IDs. Simple but slow.

Obviously, it would be awesome if it could happen, but I believe you're dreaming if you think they would ever implement something like this. I'm just trying to be realistic here. There's a higher chance the PD drop rate gets increased before this happens.

But anyway, I'd love this to happen too.

This just seems like a call back to the PD issue. That debate is surrounded by 3 thought groups from my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong;
-The people at the Top of the "Increase PD rates" Pyramid, End-Game Elite Players that just want easier spheres, which is completely understandable to some degree.
-The people at the Bottom of the "Increase PD rates" Pyramid, who aren't that far into the game but seek to reduce the value of PD's because they feel like the economy is in a slump right now. (Adepts selling for under 20 which I've seen first hand, etc.)
-The people on the Outside of the "Increase PD rates" Pyramid, who just see it as moving the goal posts, and that with a community of this size this is as balanced as the economy is going to get. Or that there are other factors like community access/communication.

Looking at it with these things in mind, there are 3 solutions;

A- Nothing. Sphere-ing is End-Game Content. A last ditch effort to further pad and optimize characters that can already clear all available content with little to no issues. It's supposed to be a long and arduous process. Speeding up this process only serves to remove play incentives.

B- Increase PD Rates. This could disrupt the market, but in theory, yes it would make Spheres more accessible, it would pump PD's back into the Economy, but this might give people whiplash, especially after market volatility from the christmas event, which I personally don't like to harp on, as I do think the stigma was a little overblown, But you have to take it into account when there are videos of players like Anime/NDW (can't remember) literally TP'ing dozens of Zanbas to fix inflation.

C- Some sort of New Shop, where you have to trade Numerous Rare Items for Points, sort of like Team Points, and then use those points to buy Photon Spheres. This would force End-Game Players to participate in the grunt economy, Instead of hording Photon Drops to Sphere Items, they would be forced to pump those Photon Drops on the economy if they want their spheres. Not just High-Tier items, or valuable items that play into the Hit% Meta, You could turn in a PB/Create for points, or a Heavenly/Body for points. Or a 0'd Zanba. This would increase the value of all items in the game, which would also allow lower level players to participate in the economy.I mean, I'm essentially saying let them buy spheres with Team Points. I think that would help.

Would these work? Not for me to decide, but we're reaching a point where we have to find some sort of solution, and I'm going to try to stop just shooting down ideas like this when I see them, and realize it's obviously part of systemic issue that needs to be address.

Last edited:
Back