Personal Gaming Quirks?

Any time I can be a color matching nerd I sooo am(purple HUcast with SoF/Demo Comet or blonde blood elf hunter with yellow pets) Also, I have a fierce distaste for meta in any game. Meta just creates armies of the same dude. Oh also I have incredibly strong values, so there's always a thing or two in a game I won't compromise about. In this game I cannot stand people who ask for mags when they're new. If you can't put in the work for your very first mag I feel like you won't last in such a grind heavy game.

Something I can agree with. I typically also avoid metas when I know of them (unless whatever class I main eventually becomes meta, in which I just roll with it because it's my main anyway), because going meta often means that people know how you're going to play, especially in PvP. Same for anti-metas. Going with a non-meta build that works well-enough in general is more my style (especially when others don't know what I'm going to do next). Furthermore, I also dislike when people ask for stuff just because they're new. It's one of the aspects that today's gaming generation has been bred to do, while those of us who defy that newer norm work our asses off for what we want. I mean, if someone I know that's played for a while asks me to give their new character a good weapon/armor/decent mag to help them progress faster, and I have one just sitting around collecting dust, I don't have any problems granting their request. New players, imo, can go grind for stuff like everyone else or take their chances trying to trade.

As for my own personal quirks, male warriors all the way for first character (with the exception of any game with a gender lock that has the warrior class as female, such as Defender for Scarlet Blade (which had an all-female cast up until Cyberblade)). Not because of brainlessness, of course, but because I typically like the feel of getting up close to an enemy (or enemies when using a Sword for PSO/PSU) and comboing them to death, and I usually leave picking off foes from the back to others, though having a ranged option for those that like to play keep-away doesn't hurt. Bonus points if the warrior/melee class also has magical capabilities for mid-range effectiveness (ex. Lunar Knight for Dragon Nest (uses blade beams and cyclones for magic-based damage from a distance while STILL being able to combo enemies to death) or HUmar for PSO (not as effective as HUneweal, but sometimes you just want a Pan Arms to die before it splits, and techs work in the absence of a weapon with fire/thunder special)).

I also tend to make female characters (after I make a male character, of course), but whether they're normal or busty usually varies. Class choice is usually a magic-focused class if I go for a normal build (though I also go for rogue-based/agile classes if the option/multi-classing is available), and ranged if busty (the exception being any character based on my former Defender in Scarlet Blade, being melee-focused and somewhat more muscular). And if elf/half-elf (or Newman for PSO) is an option, that's usually the first one I go for with magic-focused classes, but ranged is also an option for an elf/half-elf character (especially for PSU Clementine. My female Newman is always going to have at least one unlocked type that allows her to use bows).

Gameplay-wise, depends on the game. If it's a strategy game/tactical RPG, I try to plan out how I'm going to move my units early and attempt to cover as many situations as possible to minimize losses (i.e. having a healer/someone loaded with healing items in each group in case someone gets hurt), though I try to leave room in case I have to change my plans. In more action-focused games, however, I tend to play aggressively while avoiding carelessness, planning my actions on the fly rather than planning them beforehand, so as to always be ready for that one time when my team's overall plan goes horribly wrong. Though I'm not against a magic-focused playstyle if the team needs a magic/tech user instead of another melee fighter.

Edit: I forgot ONE other quirk that I have that is VERY common for MMOs that I play: if I have the slots for it (or create an alt account, but I'll only do that here for the Hardcore/Sandbox features since we have TONS of slots already), I WILL create one character for every class/base class (or in the case of Dragon Nest, at least one character for each 1st specialization, PLUS special classes).

Last edited:
I also tend to make the female characters first, usually the one with the biggest tiddies. But in games like PSO where there's actually differences in stats and uses between males in females, I'll usually make what's better.
Also if it's a platformer, I'll usually play through it once and try to get a feel for the mechanics and the level design, then try to play through it as fast as I can. Unless the game is hard as fuck, then completing it is just enough for me, lol.

I also tend to make the female characters first, usually the one with the biggest tiddies. But in games like PSO where there's actually differences in stats and uses between males in females, I'll usually make what's better.
Also if it's a platformer, I'll usually play through it once and try to get a feel for the mechanics and the level design, then try to play through it as fast as I can. Unless the game is hard as fuck, then completing it is just enough for me, lol.
Pervert.

I don't play PSO in full screen. I find that I'm so used to staring at a CRT that anything bigger than that is really weird to me.

-If i'm exploring an unknown dungeon and the path breaks i always pick left.
-Light armor>heavy armor
-If a game lets me play a bunch of sidequests instead of the main story i'll do those 90% of the time.
-I need to keep my inventory somewhat organized, and sell junk frecuently.

If you can't put in the work for your very first mag I feel like you won't last in such a grind heavy game.
And this is why I am looking for a Heart of Chao Instead of a chao itself.

Anyways, I tend to go to speed based builds for the most part. I also tend to have a problem with hoarding. You can always rely on me to have nearly the entire inventory full before I start selling if I don't make a habit early. Especially in Fire Emblem.

In a RPG, in my inventory, I must have an even number (or one that ends with 5) for all my items...If I see an odd number in my inventory, I feel the urge to use the item that has that number in order to have an even one. Except when it's the maximum of items I can have, like 99.

People call me a maniac and it's not hard to see why. Maybe it's because I enjoy cleaning, rearranging stuff and even numbers too much

If a game allows it, I always go for lesbian romantic pairings.

Also, in games that allow character customization, I always make my original characters, plus my friends' original characters, plus characters from my favorite games and anime and so forth. SCV is like my personal cocaine, in this regard.

RESTARTS.

I remake characters time and time and time again. I love early levelling in games and the comfort in repetition. I think the only reason I racked up over 1k hours in Skyrim and Fallout 4 is because I made about 70-100 characters in each of those games. Took me over 700 hours on Skyrim before I completed the main storyline once. In a sandbox game I like the freedom and exploration but I don't like quests. Being given freedom in a game and then being told what to do and where to go is annoying. A bit silly on my part as the quests and storylines in Bethesda games are usually the strongest aspect of their RPG's.

Ed

Drunk gaming is fun. I used to prefer it when I was stoned and gaming. But I don't do that anymore, as much as I miss it.

Ed

@Cassie 9 I'm the same I only play PS games in windowed mode. I also play PS games with in game SFX and BGM muted.

The only games I play full screen are online FPS games. Everything else will be windowed. I also watch TV shows whilst I game or listen to music. Mainly TV/Film though.

Praise be my Z35 monitor

upload_2017-5-15_10-29-5.png

Back