Personal Gaming Quirks?

Nightraven

This is kinda off-topic, but this still focuses entirely on you as a gamer.

The question is what habits do you have as a gamer regardless of the game you're playing (or through most games you're playing in the event a game doesn't support your habit)?

For me, despite being a guy IRL, I always pick female characters and typically the busty ones, or those I can customize to be extremely busty.

Depends on what the game offers in therm of customization etc... I tend to choose classes that uses "Magic" when possible. Still, I played "tank" charaters a lot too on WoW since I enjoyed the mechanics but the character I played the most is my Warlock. It's pretty much a mix of the 2 roles since I was controlling my pet monster manually all the time while casting on the Warlock. For the look of characters i take what I can. If the game allows me to make something very close to my actual appearance, like Fallout NV, then I often go with that. In Oblivion we could tweak so many options I decided to make my High Elf's skin red and his traits were very "vampiric looking" like what is seen in the Legacy of Kain series. For PSO I simply try to match class/size/costume/color/ID so that it looks a bit cliche and varied (tall/big HUcast/RAcast, very small FOnewearl etc...) :)

Last edited:
the busty ones, or those I can customize to be extremely busty.
LOL tits ahoy!

I'm a one trick pony. I play one character for like a 6 month roll then I pick a new one for another 6 months. Played League since season 1. Played Graves to Gold. Jinx and Yasuo to Plat. Tryndamere, Jax to high Plat. Teemo to Diamond. Then I quit cause fuck League of Legends.

In MMO's I picked healers.

I always play my games on the hardest difficulty.

Whenever I start a new resident evil game if there's an alternate way to do something I always pick the other path than what I did last time. Thats the only one I can think of immediately. Xd

I start off doing no research, basing everything on aesthetics and the 'learn as you go approach'. I also tend to prefer, 'caster' types.

I couldn't initially think of one off the top of my head so I asked my girl friend and she says that I always strive to be better in games, it's a habit I have where I just over obsess with being better than I was the previous day.

So there's that, lol.

For me, despite being a guy IRL, I always pick female characters and typically the busty ones, or those I can customize to be extremely busty.
On the contrary, thanks to playing PSO and falling in love with HUcast, I've since had an obsession to create the manliest of manly characters that can do extreme damage. Preferably an avatar with lots of muscle (not too much, good god) or in a full suit of armor. Every time I hit that hard attack button, a beast from within roars, amplifying my lust for blood.

*ahem* ... And well, I've also fallen in love with FOmarl and their extreme classiness and elegance. My usual build is to be decked out with high def and resistances, then I would never push my stick far enough to actually run, but walk. You ever seen a FOmarl walk with a Rod? Mesmerizing, ain't it? And despite FOmarl being the support, I like to imagine her riding high on that horse, "commanding" her pets, her casts, to do her bidding and decimate the enemy for her majesty. *ojousama laugh*

Um... yeah, uh, that's about it, I guess....

If i put the amount of time and effort i put into video games into school I'd be a fucking genius
Its the same with me except the other way around. If I put the amount of effort I put into my games into school I'd be a straight A student.

In Dragon Ball Xenoverse and more games, I was going to choose Human Race which has balanced stats, but the problem is that they can't go Super Sayian. I like my character or stats to be balanced, but being a Sayian Race is cool because you can become a Super Sayian. Sometimes I have to choose a unbalanced character if it is necessary.

If i put the amount of time and effort i put into video games into school I'd be a fucking genius

A true genius wouldn't need to put effort into school and still do well.

Example: I would never do homework, but since I did so well on the tests my grades didn't suffer too much. I just got the straight up information so easily and could generally recall it with next to zero studying.

LOL tits ahoy!

I'm a one trick pony. I play one character for like a 6 month roll then I pick a new one for another 6 months. Played League since season 1. Played Graves to Gold. Jinx and Yasuo to Plat. Tryndamere, Jax to high Plat. Teemo to Diamond. Then I quit cause fuck League of Legends.

Now you understand why I play Miss Fortune a lot when I play League (Fiora was my main until she was reworked, but still held up as a busty and beautiful sword wielder).

Any time I can be a color matching nerd I sooo am(purple HUcast with SoF/Demo Comet or blonde blood elf hunter with yellow pets) Also, I have a fierce distaste for meta in any game. Meta just creates armies of the same dude. Oh also I have incredibly strong values, so there's always a thing or two in a game I won't compromise about. In this game I cannot stand people who ask for mags when they're new. If you can't put in the work for your very first mag I feel like you won't last in such a grind heavy game.

Any time I can be a color matching nerd I sooo am(purple HUcast with SoF/Demo Comet or blonde blood elf hunter with yellow pets) Also, I have a fierce distaste for meta in any game. Meta just creates armies of the same dude. Oh also I have incredibly strong values, so there's always a thing or two in a game I won't compromise about. In this game I cannot stand people who ask for mags when they're new. If you can't put in the work for your very first mag I feel like you won't last in such a grind heavy game.

Gotta say, I'm similar on a number of them. Like for League, I'll take an off-meta champ and use them better than any fotm player.

I also went Blood Spec tank during Wrath, and people were like "how the fuck is this guy tanking so fucking well using blood and not frost spec?"

Said spec was also amazing in 1v1 duels. I dueled a Prot pally for 30 minutes straight and I couldn't do enough damage to kill him twice in 5 minutes and he only got me low once.

Back