Patch Server Changes, January 17th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
We made couple of changes to the patch servers today.

1. The patch server which services the internal patch client of PSOBB will no longer send out patches for the default PSOBB "quest" script nor will it patch any of the Unitxt files on the client. It will still send updates of online.exe as needed, should we ever update the launcher.

2. The patch server which services online.exe will now patch the default PSOBB "quest" script and send out Unitxt patches, but ONLY if your language is NOT set to Custom.

These changes enable you to use your own Unitxt files again, should you want to go back to ALL CAPS RAREZ, or use an entirely different language altogether as previously we'd still send out the English Unitxt and script data even on "Custom" because of item changes. (Ex: Badge additions and such.)

Since we are no longer planning to add items into the game, not even badge additions, we won't be patching the Unitxt file as much.

I believe we only have one more Unitxt modification planned and that's to change a set of the anniversary badges and remove the actual year from it and that set be used for future anniversary events for this year and the years to come.

If you'd like to download the current data so that you can modify it to your liking, you can find the default English data at https://files.pioneer2.net/ephinea_psobb_default_english_data.zip

You can also find the default Japanese data at https://files.pioneer2.net/ephinea_psobb_default_japanese_data.zip

After setting your language to Custom in the launcher, you can extract the files from these archives, modify them, and plop the modified files into the "data" folder of Ephinea's PSOBB installation. You will be able to see your changes after restarting the Ephinea PSOBB client.

We hope this change helps people to use their own language on Ephinea.

Thanks to all the players and we hope you enjoy playing on Ephinea!

This is actually kind of sad news for me, because it means they gave up on item skinning for season rewards (and probably cements the death of seasons.) I

not that I have any ill will since it was a whole lot of work for no return other than maybe happy feelings from ~10 people

This is actually kind of sad news for me, because it means they gave up on item skinning for season rewards (and probably cements the death of seasons.) I

not that I have any ill will since it was a whole lot of work for no return other than maybe happy feelings from ~10 people
HOLY CRAP??? *Debates on setting up a torches and pitchforks concession stand?* Uhhhh ohh? No need to Panic...no need to PANIC....

Hi Sodaboy,

the default English data's files are no longer available.
Where can I download ?

Thanks ^w^

Hi Sodaboy,

the default English data's files are no longer available.
Where can I download ?

Thanks ^w^
This post you bumped is like more than 2 years old and not correct anymore.

The server DOES update the default quest script.

The unitxt file download, though, I won’t be updating that file manually anymore.

Just set the client to the language of your choice, English or Japanese, then grab the unitxt files from your data folder for the defaults.

If you need further assistance ask some of the staff or even the players on Discord in the #help channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back