Passing which mats to reset

Dab

pso winner
Guildcard
Hey Soda, Tofu and the dev gang:

Last night as I was rebuilding my mat plan, I was thinking it would be cool if we were able to pass arguments (UINX comes to mind here) that specify which mat type you want reset. For example, where p=power, d=def, m=mind, etc.

/matreset -pdmel

Not sure if something like this is even possible, just thought it'd throw it out there.

Love the work you guys do with this game and server! Thank you for all you do and keeping our love for PSO alive! :cool:

It's possible, I made a command for GMs to add a type of mat based on a parameter.

So you can do
/mat power, 10
That would add 10 power mats...

The same goes backwards.. remove mats any amount
If Soda want's that in, it will definitely be.

Last edited:
Please don't implement this on Ephinea. I love that we have the option to reset our material usage, but it is a perfectly fair trade-off that we have to re-obtain ALL new materials.

Reactions: Lcw
Please don't implement this on Ephinea. I love that we have the option to reset our material usage, but it is a perfectly fair trade-off that we have to re-obtain ALL new materials.

Somebody finds lots of materials and doesn't want to loose business :p

Oh wait.... LOL I just understood now...
Trykla was replying to my /mat type, amount command to add materials.....

That was just an example of using parameters to work with a specific material type.
As I said in the same reply: The same goes backwards.. remove mats any amount

There won't be any changes to this command. We can easily change it, but I'm with Trykla. If you mess up your character, you can reset yourself for free with a penalty. That penalty being you reset everything when you do it and have to find all your materials again. This is already fair. Being able to selectively reset with no penalty takes away from proper character planning.

Agreed, Soda and Trykla.

Sega was way too harsh because, once a character was messed up, you basically had to remake it. At least here you can fix it for a cost. This also helps the game's economy and keeps the materials market relevant once the new character creation slows down. Also, don't forget that HP / TP mats stay, so it's not a total loss.

I believe the /matreset function is already good enough as it is because it already penalizes you for screwing up without having to remake the character. I feel that taking away the mats freely will make stat builds not as permanent because a person could swap between BoVN builds and regular when they find some armor upgrade making stat planning more casual and more of a whim further undermining its significance.

Back