overly long thread about modsectionid and information changes relating to beginners

TL;DR My opinion is that going from 3 months to never at all was a bit extreme. I agree with the sentiment that it was a nice touch of modernization to the game. I won't start a fuss over it, but I'll definitely miss it.

Add a rare drop that's a consumable that can be used for one Section ID change and make its rarity on par with the Reskin items. It would be sought after and valuable. Put one on each ID and spread them out amongst different areas.

K bye.

Add a rare drop that's a consumable that can be used for one Section ID change and make its rarity on par with the Reskin items. It would be sought after and valuable. Put one on each ID and spread them out amongst different areas.

K bye.
Like the sec id cards :p.
I actually liked that idea

man screw ids in general. Should just do what some games like final fantasy 4 did and make 4 different drops you could only get one of. That way Falz can either drop a pd, rico's glasses, df shield, red ring. That way everyone can suffer.

K bye.

Or this, this is pretty good.

Its like a Token of Absolution, just even harder to get. Hey nobody asked for it, but it worked in D2, still works in Project Diablo 2, and I haven't heard anyone being non-appreciative from it as you have to work hard for it.
Not saying staff should do it ofc, fun to imagine/talk about though.

It could be treated like a Halloween Cookie but just make it a 1/100k drop from ANY Ultimate enemy (but not scared Rappies) in the game and not increased by boosts / events. That way you'll get one ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE and it would carry great value, but it's not YET ANOTHER item you have to go out of your way to specifically hunt. Because the reskin items already tend toward weaker area / ID combos, I don't think we should spread our efforts any thinner.

It could be treated like a Halloween Cookie but just make it a 1/100k drop from ANY Ultimate enemy (but not scared Rappies) in the game and not increased by boosts / events. That way you'll get one ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE and it would carry great value, but it's not YET ANOTHER item you have to go out of your way to specifically hunt. Because the reskin items already tend toward weaker area / ID combos, I don't think we should spread our efforts any thinner.
This sounds like fun :) I don't know if I would want this in classic mode (a bit non-vanilla for there) but on the normal server this could be rad

This sounds like fun :) I don't know if I would want this in classic mode (a bit non-vanilla for there) but on the normal server this could be rad
Oh, yes. That goes without saying. Classic Mode would not receive things like this by definition.

Warning: The following post contains an opinion

I personally think PSO would benefit from removing the section ID system altogether.

Its very obvious the section id system was added to PSO as an attempt to add content where there is none or little, essentially stretching out the game 10x.

If you actually look at the drop chart it is mostly garbage items within ult besides the few good drops that occur within each ID. This could easily be consolidated into a single ID while also improving the user experience by allowing for more double and triple hunts which never or rarely occur on the drop chart.

Some enemies do get multiple relevant items however. For instance Hildetorr gets both froozer and heavens punisher as viable drops. To preserve the spirit of the drop the froozer could simply be moved to a del rappy or another rare mob who normally gets basically garbage for drops.

Other TP-tier drops could simply be moved to VH. If theres an empty slot left after filling out the chart then they can just put a PC or a PD as a drop.

Switching characters and gear is cumbersome and a waste of time just to play the game how you want to.

Warning: The following post contains an opinion

I personally think PSO would benefit from removing the section ID system altogether.

Its very obvious the section id system was added to PSO as an attempt to add content where there is none or little, essentially stretching out the game 10x.

If you actually look at the drop chart it is mostly garbage items within ult besides the few good drops that occur within each ID. This could easily be consolidated into a single ID while also improving the user experience by allowing for more double and triple hunts which never or rarely occur on the drop chart.

Some enemies do get multiple relevant items however. For instance Hildetorr gets both froozer and heavens punisher as viable drops. To preserve the spirit of the drop the froozer could simply be moved to a del rappy or another rare mob who normally gets basically garbage for drops.

Other TP-tier drops could simply be moved to VH. If theres an empty slot left after filling out the chart then they can just put a PC or a PD as a drop.

Switching characters and gear is cumbersome and a waste of time just to play the game how you want to.
I will say you aren’t wrong that it artificially adds content, but you also have to consider the environment it was developed in. This was the groundbreaking “world wide 7 billion players” game, and if everyone could get everything then why bother playing online? Splitting up players in this way encouraged people to go online and find people to play with who had other IDs.

That said, the only reason to keep it is nostalgia for the reasons you mentioned. It would never go away on this server, but I could see a different/new server doing something like that. Create a unified drop table for rares, but do still let each ID specialize in their non-rare items like Skyly and swords. The biggest problem is that nostalgia is (honestly) probably the biggest reason we play, so who would even go to that server?

I will say you aren’t wrong that it artificially adds content, but you also have to consider the environment it was developed in. This was the groundbreaking “world wide 7 billion players” game, and if everyone could get everything then why bother playing online? Splitting up players in this way encouraged people to go online and find people to play with who had other IDs.

That said, the only reason to keep it is nostalgia for the reasons you mentioned. It would never go away on this server, but I could see a different/new server doing something like that. Create a unified drop table for rares, but do still let each ID specialize in their non-rare items like Skyly and swords. The biggest problem is that nostalgia is (honestly) probably the biggest reason we play, so who would even go to that server?
I meant it like “in a perfect world” type of way. Well of course they could and should look for ways to improve the user experience, having every single rare drop be relevant would be quite nice.

i think if a server existed with QoL stuff like this and maybe some other improvements that would probably give predence for people to play it.

Also , to add. The section ID system would actually work if there was alot more viable items in general. My suggestion originates from the standpoint of there being very few items worth mentioning

Back