Other updates for today...

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
So, I'm sure some of you noticed some changes with the DLL update today.

You'll find various new menu items located in the lobby menu and the ability to voice chat in game. By default, you'll hear the voices of other Hunters talking, but you can change your default by visiting the lobby counter and turning the voice volume to OFF.

In order to voice chat with Hunters, you will have to press and hold the \ key on the keyboard. Previously, this was the T key earlier, but was changed as of a few minutes ago.

Right now, the device your voice records from is the default recording device set on your system. Soon, we will update the launcher with the ability to adjust volumes, your recording device, and whether or not you want to use a push to talk key or automatic recording.

Going back to the lobby menu, you will be able to adjust your background music, sound effect music and voice volumes. You can also see your current Hunters Boost Road point values and, soon to come, the ability to view your career data and the current kill counters.

There are some other keyboard commands you can use as well now. They are:

/leavechat - Leaves the current voice chat lobby. (Temporary, you will join a voice chat lobby when switching lobbies or joining games. If you want to permanently stop joining voice chat, go to the lobby counter and set voice volume to OFF.)

/joinchat - Rejoins the current voice chat lobby.

/muteuser - Mutes the voice of a specified guildcard number.

/unmuteuser - Unmutes the voice of a specified guildcard number.

/listuser - Lists the current Hunters while in an active game.

These commands will be added to the lobby menu soon.

Note to self: Check updates before firing up PSO. Logged in and could hear voices, I nearly lost my shit... Thanks for that moment of doubting my own sanity.

Great update though...

a97bac9f16ebe8e82bbb889a633e531beffc2a14.gif

Well I'm shy so no one is going to hear me speaking and also I'm sure my english would suck more speaking than writing but yeah this is a great feature! Lot's of crazy sounds made me laugh :)

You can even go away from the person who is speaking and it will slowly get into a point you can't hear the person anymore! so cool to get this new things add to the game so thanks a lot for all your hard work man!

long live to Ephinea! :)

You can even go away from the person who is speaking and it will slowly get into a point you can't hear the person anymore!
This happens in lobby? What about in game, if I'm in a different room than the other person, they won't be able to hear me?

Don't know I just started playing here and I always play solo :) It's still in test so I'm sure in the end Sodaboy will make it work great! You know in mission hunters can use a communicator or something :)

This happens in lobby? What about in game, if I'm in a different room than the other person, they won't be able to hear me?
In a game, you always hear your party members all the time. The lobby is the only place with proximity volume.

Also, any abuse on the voice chat will result in a permanent ban from the server, like Sethyron/JinRoh found out today.

Back