Old Vet Playing Again

Vega

Forever hunting Pwand
So I haven't played PSO for a few years since Schtserv went down, I was a prominent player there for about 7 years and maxed out every class, thousands of hours etc (my name was usually some form of Vega), I decided since I have more free time again to pick the game up and am considering staying here for a while. I'm still unsure but from reading about the server I decided to at least make a game account and get started.

And rather than make multiple topics I figured I'd ask a few q's here, mainly; i noticed the PGF drop rate is pretty high, is everyone running around with Dark weapons? Are Dark weapons/LK38/Cannon Rouge/etc combo unlocked? What are the featured events? How does the average daily player count compare to other servers (and during events)? Is Pinkal still the greatest ID of all time?

I remember you! Welcome to Ephinea. Many SCHTserv players have migrated here since the great "crash." Avg. player count from what I've seen is ~75-150 depending on what time you log in, more during events.

Unfortunately, Dark weapon/LK38/Cannon Rouge/Rianov-5/Sigh of a God/etc. weps don't combo, but then again those weapons broke the game as 3-hitters. This is a "vanilla" PSO server, meant to reproduce the original game, with some extra sprinkles like shared XP, PSO2 style rar drops, and even a working jukebox in the lobby.

Fortunately the drop rates on PGF are higher, but not to the point of flooding the market, if you will. Just to the point of being realistically attainable.

Featured events include Xmas, Easter, Halloween and (my personal favorite) the Summer Anniversary which is due to hit any time now. There are also other random mini-events, Hunter's Boost Road, and quests that I've not seen on other PSO servers. Also, there are weekly rate bonuses including rar drops, rar monsters and pluses to XP.

Once you hit Ultimate, there is a new feature unlocked called Anguish which increases monster HP and difficulty, with XP and rar boosts for the added risk. Ten levels of Anguish lets you choose the danger level; in A-1 monsters have a modest gain, in A-10 they are f**king ridiculous, even for high level players. But it is possible with good weapons, strategy and teamwork.

Enjoy your stay at Ephinea, hope to see you around!

-Celestra

I remember you! Welcome to Ephinea. Many SCHTserv players have migrated here since the great "crash." Avg. player count from what I've seen is ~75-150 depending on what time you log in, more during events.

Unfortunately, Dark weapon/LK38/Cannon Rouge/Rianov-5/Sigh of a God/etc. weps don't combo, but then again those weapons broke the game as 3-hitters. This is a "vanilla" PSO server, meant to reproduce the original game, with some extra sprinkles like shared XP, PSO2 style rar drops, and even a working jukebox in the lobby.

Fortunately the drop rates on PGF are higher, but not to the point of flooding the market, if you will. Just to the point of being realistically attainable.

Featured events include Xmas, Easter, Halloween and (my personal favorite) the Summer Anniversary which is due to hit any time now. There are also other random mini-events, Hunter's Boost Road, and quests that I've not seen on other PSO servers. Also, there are weekly rate bonuses including rar drops, rar monsters and pluses to XP.

Once you hit Ultimate, there is a new feature unlocked called Anguish which increases monster HP and difficulty, with XP and rar boosts for the added risk. Ten levels of Anguish lets you choose the danger level; in A-1 monsters have a modest gain, in A-10 they are f**king ridiculous, even for high level players. But it is possible with good weapons, strategy and teamwork.

Enjoy your stay at Ephinea, hope to see you around!

-Celestra
*APPLAUDS Rappy-Taichou~!* Dayum...you ticked all the boxes in ONE Go~! <3!

So I haven't played PSO for a few years since Schtserv went down, I was a prominent player there for about 7 years and maxed out every class, thousands of hours etc (my name was usually some form of Vega), I decided since I have more free time again to pick the game up and am considering staying here for a while. I'm still unsure but from reading about the server I decided to at least make a game account and get started.

And rather than make multiple topics I figured I'd ask a few q's here, mainly; i noticed the PGF drop rate is pretty high, is everyone running around with Dark weapons? Are Dark weapons/LK38/Cannon Rouge/etc combo unlocked? What are the featured events? How does the average daily player count compare to other servers (and during events)? Is Pinkal still the greatest ID of all time?
SQUEEeeeee! *POUNCES and hugs!* MOST if not ALL of us here are SCHT refugee/survivors dear! So chances are Preeetty high you'll bump into a few familiar crazed faces~! Celeste-Taichou ticked all your question boxes eloquently, so you should already be chomping at the bit to get your mojo back! >=3. And yes, the fave weapons of the past that ppl had abused in ONE burst combo killing bosses have been 'neutered'. Last swan and Raven are still out there tho! <3. If you're like the rest of us who were Traumatized by losing 8 YEARS worth of hard earned stuff, you'll be happy to know that you can get it ALL back in spades in shorter time than you would think! AND you'll be able to do it without ppl CAMPING over the rare drops spot ready to Red Box NINJA your shyt! XD! Settle in and actually get to ENJOY the Game again Vega-san~! You're gonna LIKE it here!...oh!...Welcome Home~! =3

Welcome back son

Also important to note that the SCHT FO boosts don't exist.

There's also a pso2 drop style so RR and PGF are worth much less than they were on SCHT. A lame at 15 or 20hit is worth more.

MR still works for clean up but is locked.

Also nonrares drop with vanilla %s so its easier to find a high hit something

Back