Old vet, new to multiplayer

Howdy all. Glad to be here.

A little about me:
Disabled late 30s bearded pierced and inked stay at home dad finally getting around to enjoying games I never got to growing up because "video games rot your brains" and then holding 2, 3, and 4 jobs at a time soon as I moved out on my own. When I'm not taking care of the kids, I'm usually practicing music (bass player), or building a D&D campaign (forever DM).

My PSO experience:
I got hooked in the PS series when I borrowed Phantasy Star II on the Sega Genesis from a buddy of mine. I fell in LOVE (and fell in love with Amy lol). Bought my own copy soon as I could (the Funcoland days). So much so, that I remember writing very cringe fanfic in 2000 or 2001 and even did freestyle forum based RP (sites like Chathouse and Chatalot....talk about a throwback). Since then, I've loved everything Phantasy Star but never really had the time or opportunity to ENJOY it. For PSO specifically, back in the day, I only ever played on Dreamcast and Gamecube. And even then, only sometimes did I split screen with my brother. And EVEN THEN, neither of us even broke lvl 100. I think highest I got was 70 something and THAT took me about THREE YEARS (like I said, I didn't get to play much). So I have absolutely zero idea how online play and endgame groups work. I usually main Androids/Casts because I just flat out suck at remembering to use techniques. I just wanna stab, shoot, and dodge (though, much to Mr Piccolo's disappointment, not always very well).

But now I have the time.

Having said that, I may be in the minority here, but I'm interested in finding other players who might want to reserve a character slot for a class they have absolutely ZERO idea how to play (that would be any Force for me, I suck at those) and literally just only play those characters together. I've only ever experienced non-high level carry progression when my brother and I first got the game for GC and rolled new characters. Call me crazy, but I don't like high level carries. I like the grind. Curious if anyone else might be interested in forming this kind of static. I'm pretty much available any day after 9pm EST.

Hope to see you all in game!

Howdy all. Glad to be here.

A little about me:
Disabled late 30s bearded pierced and inked stay at home dad finally getting around to enjoying games I never got to growing up because "video games rot your brains" and then holding 2, 3, and 4 jobs at a time soon as I moved out on my own. When I'm not taking care of the kids, I'm usually practicing music (bass player), or building a D&D campaign (forever DM).

My PSO experience:
I got hooked in the PS series when I borrowed Phantasy Star II on the Sega Genesis from a buddy of mine. I fell in LOVE (and fell in love with Amy lol). Bought my own copy soon as I could (the Funcoland days). So much so, that I remember writing very cringe fanfic in 2000 or 2001 and even did freestyle forum based RP (sites like Chathouse and Chatalot....talk about a throwback). Since then, I've loved everything Phantasy Star but never really had the time or opportunity to ENJOY it. For PSO specifically, back in the day, I only ever played on Dreamcast and Gamecube. And even then, only sometimes did I split screen with my brother. And EVEN THEN, neither of us even broke lvl 100. I think highest I got was 70 something and THAT took me about THREE YEARS (like I said, I didn't get to play much). So I have absolutely zero idea how online play and endgame groups work. I usually main Androids/Casts because I just flat out suck at remembering to use techniques. I just wanna stab, shoot, and dodge (though, much to Mr Piccolo's disappointment, not always very well).

But now I have the time.

Having said that, I may be in the minority here, but I'm interested in finding other players who might want to reserve a character slot for a class they have absolutely ZERO idea how to play (that would be any Force for me, I suck at those) and literally just only play those characters together. I've only ever experienced non-high level carry progression when my brother and I first got the game for GC and rolled new characters. Call me crazy, but I don't like high level carries. I like the grind. Curious if anyone else might be interested in forming this kind of static. I'm pretty much available any day after 9pm EST.

Hope to see you all in game!
EEEEEeeeeeeeeee! *POUNCES the bibble-san carefully and examines with an ebil giggle~!* Aaaaand yet another Old Guard Dreamcaster has fallen victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up upon our little tribe's shore! You'll be happy and relieved to know you're among those of your 'kind' here, luv! *Dusts you off and turns you around to see a sea of smiling grizzled, scarred, and war painted faces! FOrces included! *Hides her sad smile at hearing mention of "high level carries"* You're not "Crazy" dear, you're simply one of those Proud Wolf types, eh~? Mew can respect that and will not press or lurk in your shadow....too much.... However....*Licks a fanged grin* Considering you and mew have so much in common with our -abilities and being 'lifelong DMs'...can't say she's gonna be expecting you to be rolling 2D10's for preception checks to notice a kitty collar bell often jingling out of sight! >=3 Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you too! Welcome Home! 20221216_192744 (2).jpg

If you can catch up to level 40, me and another friend ( @Lynn ) play every Wednesday night from 10:30pm-12:30am est. Dedicated Hucaseal and Ramarl characters. We’d love to have a third! Playing through the game without ultimate gifts is a much different experience and a lot of fun!

Hey having a pretty much exactly similar experience to you including my first PS experience was PS on Genesis, and it was also a friends, and i also went out and bought it. I have also played PSO when I could on and off for 20 years while juggling a family. I need not elaborate any further but I am also from the days when someone asked you if you wanted to game and it meant with pen and paper. When I came here a year ago I was also a noob at multi_player, with the exception of the occasional split screen crap with my brothers and friends that also didnt work so great, even though I had been playing for 20 years. Dont worry it doesnt take too long to catch on and become decent at it. The main thing to remember is pretty much everything DMC's. So try to attack mobs others arnt and stuff lol, or stagger shots with them. Ephinea discord it the place to go to learn more then we could ever imagine about pso. It is also the best place to trade and arrange parties. https://discord.gg/pso. This is the wiki link https://wiki.pioneer2.net/w/Main_Page. It is your best friend, especially if you are trying to learn how to play your class multiplayer. The class guide has the recommend equip for each class and its not wrong. It will have you looking pro in no time. If you would like a starter package including a 4 slot frame and mid units hit me up... no they will not make you almighty, just help you start out a bit faster. If not no worries! Welcome to Ephinea and happy gaming!

Last edited:
Sorry about last night, Mew. I just couldn't hang anymore and bedtime was decided for me. I didn't realize it was that late lol. Also my fault for playing in a recliner xD

But I had a blast with you, Dezo, and Gum. Obviously, because I didn't realize we were going until 230am.

I definitely look forward to more groups and nights like that. Most fun I've had in this game in 20 years. Easily.

Sorry about last night, Mew. I just couldn't hang anymore and bedtime was decided for me. I didn't realize it was that late lol. Also my fault for playing in a recliner xD

But I had a blast with you, Dezo, and Gum. Obviously, because I didn't realize we were going until 230am.

I definitely look forward to more groups and nights like that. Most fun I've had in this game in 20 years. Easily.
Mew should be the one apologizing, dear! She gets extra Giddy and Chatty when she pounces Grizzled DC vets who've been away for over a decade from this 21 old pixelated Gem of a game! (After Dec 20th it will be officially 22 years~!) nya~! =3

If you can catch up to level 40, me and another friend ( @Lynn ) play every Wednesday night from 10:30pm-12:30am est. Dedicated Hucaseal and Ramarl characters. We’d love to have a third! Playing through the game without ultimate gifts is a much different experience and a lot of fun!
Definitely down for a third!

We just play random quests or free roam with whatever gear we find. We’ve got a greenill and an oran. We just got really lucky a week ago or so and found a D-parts for my hucl, and we’ve both got a few low tier rates we’ve found. Mags are just over level 100.

Do you have discord? We can make a group chat if you message me. redria7#8913

Other thing to keep in mind is we've generally been playing in the spirit of passing gear along depending on who benefits most (the D Parts dropped for my Ramarl for example so I passed it to redria.)

Back