Old School PSO players?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Retradium, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Friendlyfire

Friendlyfire Hail To the King baby!!

Guildcard:
    I played PSO on dreamcast got the game on release in 2001 i was 19 back then i asked my mom if i could use the second phone line that was in my room( it was my sisters old room ) so i could go online with my dreamcast and play pso online she said yes and well my mind was blown it was my first online experience i made a HUcast named zero and was in clan called Clan EX i played around lvl 90 and around that time pso V2 came out and i got the US Version because i did not wanted to wait that long for the EU version, in the game i met alot of ppl but i only remember one
    guys name a Ramar named NOMAD , i was addicted to the game and i have alot of fond memorys and thats the love of pso i have :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Harborer of Hope likes this.
  2. DR ingame

DR ingame DR

Id say im oldschool in that I played the GC game as soon as it came out, but like alakaboom pointed out... offline, 13-15 year old won't give creditcard data.

I played a few months on schthack somewhere around 2008/2009 as "FonyDan", a couple days on a team but there was always drama so i just carded the two guys i mainly rolled with "barney"/"weaksauce" and "sam".

went solo with a viridian fo - unlocking limiters while farming for new ones (plus presents in fiasco... since all the stuff was "a bit" pricier than it is here you could made 1000s a week and buy everything e x c e p t their unobtainable version of 3 seals). could even do it on VH if a bunch of sealed items held u back too much.

I left to try ultima for a night or two after dropping my stuff on sam, but quickly realized that server wouldn't give me anything to grind at all with 4-5x rates.

On and off gamecube offline/couch coop whenever I had an itch or me and rl friend cant decide what to play.

3. Harborer of Hope

Harborer of Hope That Others May Live! Staff Member

Eeeeee!!! *POUNCES and looks over carefully!* Yet another SCHT Refugee/Survivor returns to the fight! MOST if not All of us here are also SCHT Survivors, so running into 'barney', 'weaksauce', and 'sam' can very well be likely! =3. Ultima.......BLECH! lol. You'll find a LOT has changed for the better and can actually ENJOY yourself as you were meant to years ago~! So....Welcome Home! =3

CyborgJiro likes this.
  4. DR ingame

DR ingame DR

ehhh i didnt experience the crash (nor would i have cared for it, im the kinda guy who throws everything out as freebies when retiring/hibernating in most if not all the games he plays, and when i pick up a game i havent played in years i erase the char and start fresh anyway), nor any other issues that may have come up with later leadership.

Scht was alright back then imho, I enjoyed myself (ultima on the other hand seemed pretty broken :x). I just had everything / was done with the game for the time ^^

yeah thats why i mentioned the names, you never know who you might run into after 10+ years lol

thanks

5. Harborer of Hope

Harborer of Hope That Others May Live! Staff Member

*Bites her lips looking quite restrained.....* IT WASN'T A "CRASH!"......Crono-kins just got Tired of watching his Cash Cow get RAPED that was SCHT....So in order to regain some semblance of 'control'....HE WIPED ALL OUR DATA to start New again later under an alias! Just Mentioning "Crash" Triggers mew into striking up a bonfire and a story telling War Dance of a tale of Love, Betrayal, and Hope....Yes, for 8 Years we were quite happy there. Weaksauce-san IS here somewhere~! Wonder if he's in the members listing for you to message him? And we have a special 'Word' for these Ultima players we get here........"RESCUES! <3". =3

6. madhatta317

madhatta317 Member

Hey! I'm not as ancient as DC. I first started on xbox on release. My parents got me online for a couple months and I played a FOnewearl to 70 or 80.

When the nostalgia really kicks in is from when I got the GC version in 2005 or 6. Me and my best friend and his little brother who lived 4 houses down the road from me would play split screen local ALL THE TIME. We would compete to see who could get their characters "flagged" for certain areas first. In local multiplayer, TTF was not an option, and you always had to start from forest 1 UNLESS the host character had killed a boss solo. It was always a huge milestone killing de rol le and falz solo single player on each difficulty back in middle/high school.

After that I had a stint with schthack in maybe 2011. Played a FO to 150ish and hunter and ranger to 80s. And now I found this server a week or so ago. Just got to 80 and ready to start ultimate with you fine people!