Old Photon Drop Glitch?

Petie

Guildcard
I remember way back when, there was a glitch with Photon Drops in the bank that would let you stack items past the 10 limit. While I'm sure this is frowned upon if it even does still exist and I have no intention to try it regardless, I'm curious - does this glitch still exist and if so, does it still disable rare drops like it (supposedly) used to?

Forgive me if we're not supposed to even bring things up like this here. I did check the rules and they don't seem to forbid the discussion, just exploiting them in game.

Thanks in advance for helping me sate my curiosity!

Photon Drops stack to 99 in Blue Burst. I was unaware it was less previous to BB? Regardless no such glitches exist anymore.

The stacking bug is fixed in BB by virtue of the server controlling both your inventory and the bank, and there are no longer any cheats that disable rare drops in BB. The client no longer has the power to modify what drops you get, since the server controls drops in BB.

The stacking bug is fixed in BB by virtue of the server controlling both your inventory and the bank, and there are no longer any cheats that disable rare drops in BB. The client no longer has the power to modify what drops you get, since the server controls drops in BB.

This is exactly what I was looking for and makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Many old version glitches and tricks were fixed by the same virtue of being a server-side game, rather than a client-side game that connected to a server; others including item duplication, telepiping rare spawns, etc

BB's server-sided nature didn't fix the shop dupe bug; Sega fixed it in PSO Plus in the client. ;)

Using Telepipes to force rare enemies to spawn is not a bug, and it never worked online in any version, since online mode must synchronise which enemies are going to be rare between all clients. Offline mode doesn't have to worry about that, so the game just does the random roll when the enemy spawns, thus allowing you to force multiple random rolls by spawning the same enemy repeatedly. This feature has a drawback, though: if you do encounter a rare enemy but die without a Scape Doll, after you come back from the hospital, the enemy won't be rare anymore offline, whereas online, it will still be rare.

Reactions: Mad
There are ways around that now, though. You can play on Wii or Dolphin, or you can install a mod to play games from SD card on your GC. On the DC, you can use GDEMU or USB-GDROM to spare your optical drive from repeated loading. ;)

Back