ok so this afternoon everyone crashed and lost items from 15mins ago orso...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kailo

Guildcard
This afternoon like 5mins ago everyone crashed and after getting back online we had lost all stuff we had from that runs and from 20mins ago orso. Its pretty bad since i just finally got my spirit garment and lost it cuz of this crash... I thought i also lost v502 but it was just in bank like it was 20mins ago so its not too bad lol but still i prefer telling admins about it so they can investigate. Oh and we also lost exp from 20mins ago also. Ty and have a good one!

That's because I'm guessing the server was rolled back. This server makes saves in case there is an error that may cause data loss or something. As a result of this crash, the server was simply rolled back before the problems appeared to avoid complications. I'm guessing that's what's up.

ah ok well it sucks to loose stuff but i guess its for the best ty for anwsers

Fodra crashed. I've restarted it.

Fodra should be fine now and I doubt it will crash again.

Sucks about your items. Loss is explained in the fact that user data is backed up every 10 minutes +/- (random number between 1 and 5 minutes), for each user, so as to not constantly be writing to the database and slowing stuff down.

Before pitchforks come out and demand compensation, we've already detailed here in the disclaimer at https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/disclaimer/ that we aren't responsible for data loss due to bugs, crashes, etc.

Crashing is pretty rare and I know what caused this particular crash. Should be dealt with now.

Thanks for playing on Ephinea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back