Odd Tech I Found Over the Time Playing

Aubright

Formerly known as a number
Guildcard
EDIT: Apparently I was wrong, you have to make sure only items are in your quick menu.
This isn't actually true, in general. You just happened to have your customization configured so that you have no attacks available when CTRL is active.

So I found some neat tech that could probably help with controlling your character during fights.
So if you hold ctrl while near an enemy, you can move freely as though you’re out of battle.
I thought I’d put this up so other players could also know.
This might actually just be super common knowledge for all I know :p

Last edited:
This isn't actually true, in general. You just happened to have your customization configured so that you have no attacks available when CTRL is active.

So, if you really want to use this strategy, you need to open the chat menu, the normal menu (F12), or the quick menu set to items or weapons.

If you have attacks on your number bar, or on your alternate palette, holding CTRL will not keep you from going into the "defensive stance". You go into this stance when you have targets, if you fit the criteria above, you will have targets.

As far as the quick menu for techs go, you can avoid targets by hovering your cursor over Resta, Reverser, Anti, Shifta, and Deband.

Also, it is very useful for running past traps.

Last edited:
It's odd but I never really questioned the slowing down near targets thing.
I mean, if I were to make a video game, I don't think I'd ever say, "Let's slow the character down when a monster is near the player character." It doesn't really make sense.

I mean, if I were to make a video game, I don't think I'd ever say, "Let's slow the character down when a monster is near the player character." It doesn't really make sense.
Mew had always suspected it was an 'Evade' stat ability...but was told it wasn't...Still can't explain Why mewplushie is able to flit in and out the center of mob formations as if they weren't there, giggling like a walking Rabarta grenade! =P

It's the targeting system. When 'targeting' an enemy nearby it slows you down. Maybe the idea was to make the game harder so you couldn't just run circles around enemies as easily or walk in and out of them. But if you bring up a menu (or hold control if you have no techs or attacks mapped to your 1-0 keys or ctrl+ keys) then it allows you to skirt the mechanic and run at full speed as you aren't 'targeting' anything.

I find it best to bring up the quick-menu that OP referenced for this tactic. It's dual function because you have your items/techs/weapons right there too if you want to access them.

(or hold control if you have no techs or attacks mapped to your 1-0 keys or ctrl+ keys)
That's weird, I was able to map techs to the 1-0 keys and it still worked.

Back