Nothing Happens

FoieBeard2003

I downloaded the client and installed it. When I click on the shortcut it updates. But when I click on Start Game, nothing happens. I read the Readme and tried the windows XP compatibility but still nothing. Please help. Thanks

I downloaded the client and installed it. When I click on the shortcut it updates. But when I click on Start Game, nothing happens. I read the Readme and tried the windows XP compatibility but still nothing. Please help. Thanks

Step 1) Whitlist the game in your virus scanner.

Step 2) If step 1 didn't work, disable your virus scanner entirely and try again.

If step 2 works, then you either have to play with your virus scanner disabled, or there's a more advanced way to whitlist it properly that's not in the basic settings.

Step 1) Whitlist the game in your virus scanner.

Step 2) If step 1 didn't work, disable your virus scanner entirely and try again.

If step 2 works, then you either have to play with your virus scanner disabled, or there's a more advanced way to whitlist it properly that's not in the basic settings.
Please excuse my ignorance but what is Whitlist?

Though it asks me to allow the program to make changes when I open it and click yes.

That's Windows.

If you have a virus scanner it is completely separate from that "yes/no" box that pops up when you run things as administrator. A virus scanner will just go "LOL NOPE FUCK YOU" and delete the file as you try to open it. It doesn't ask permission.

(This is all assuming you actually use a virus scanner)

That's Windows.

If you have a virus scanner it is completely separate from that "yes/no" box that pops up when you run things as administrator. A virus scanner will just go "LOL NOPE FUCK YOU" and delete the file as you try to open it. It doesn't ask permission.

(This is all assuming you actually use a virus scanner)
I turned my firewall off then tried again. And still nothing happened.

Mine would do that with the wrong resolution. I used a higher res and it stopped. Idk. I use 16×9 1366×768

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone for your help. I'm super bummed I can't get this to work. PSO was my favorite GameCube game.

I changed the resolution and the game started to load...then stopped. I tried again after and still nothing.

1) Are you playing window mode? Make sure "classic fullscreen" is NOT checked. Check "window mode" and try a low res window and see if it works.

2) How bad is your PC? This issue sounds.... odd. Is it a gaming PC? Or is it a piece of shit?

1) Are you playing window mode? Make sure "classic fullscreen" is NOT checked. Check "window mode" and try a low res window and see if it works.

2) How bad is your PC? This issue sounds.... odd. Is it a gaming PC? Or is it a piece of shit?
I checked window mode and tried several of the resolutions and nothing. This is really odd, I don't have any problem playing anything else. It is a Dell laptop that was purchased a little over a year ago.

Did you try to manually patch update. I would try that then if that don't work reinstall. I've heard some people just get a bad download. Idk but we need more dedicated players

I'm not sure if the client loads things into ram on startup or w/e DEP is preventing but quoting Soly's post...

1. Open the start menu
  2. Type "sysdm.cpl" and press enter
  3. Go to "Advanced" tab
  4. Click Settings (on the performance group)
  5. Go to "Data Execution Prevention" tab
  6. Select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"
  7. Click Add and search for PSOBB's executable (NOT the launcher)
  8. And Click ok to close everything
Hope this helps.

Try running in admin mode
Also screenshot of your launcher options/advanced options would be cool

Back