Not able to get on?

Hi guys,

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I'm a newbie. I used to play on the Schthack servers but found this the other day and downloaded it and made a character, although I haven't had a chance to play until today. I had read something about the server doing maintenance on Saturday mornings, I think, and I figured I could play now. But when I open the client, I log in and I go to start the game, it downloads some sort of patch file and then tells me to hit enter to close the game. At first, I didn't think this was weird but it seems to download the same file every time I try to play and won't let me actually past that screen. I saw a notice about a server restart at the top of the screen, but I'm not quite sure what that means or when it will be done. I'm sorry again if this is a dumb question but if someone could shed some light on why I can't get on, I would really appreciate it.

Do you use the "online.exe" to start the game?

From the FAQ:

Q. Every time I hit "Start Game", PsoBB.pat downloads and then I'm returned to the desktop.

A. Please always launch the game from "online.exe". If you are having trouble, set the properties of online.exe like the image above.

also if you haven't already you might want to put a exception to your antivirus on the folder were you installed the client for this.

Everytime theres an update and it downloads PsoBB.pat, you have to either launch the game using online.exe OR manually delete the old PsoBB.exe and rename the PsoBB.pat to PsoBB.exe.... Its easier just to launch online.exe, it does it for you.

Back